Saturday 11 March 2023

Kings of Convenience Jakarta 2023

Kings of Convenience in Jakarta, 9 March 2023

Last Thursday was the best night of 2023 so far for me. Cause I finally caught Kings of Convenience live! My goodness I can't believe I finally saw them live after... 14 years of waiting! And it was a magical night. I've been a fan of them since 2009 and they've been one of the bands that I constantly listen to throughout these years. And of course they're one of my favourite bands ever.

As expected their voice is so magical. The harmonisation, and of course the guitar playing is just oooh "chef's kiss" haha. I really want to learn how to play the guitar now.

Anyway the concert is at Ritz Carlton ballroom at Pacific Place in SCBD. The concert started at 8:30 PM but I went in at 6:30 I think. I waited for 2 hours with 2 wonderful opening acts. But err I waited while standing up! So yeah I had to pay the price later on. My body was aching hah.

The concert was amazing. It was a wonderful 1h45m and also I think KoC should call themselves Kings of Audience Interaction haha. The way Erlend and Eirik interacted with us throughout the concert was just fun and friendly. And the (singing-loving) Indonesian fans just add everything up.

Anyway it was a fun, emotional and sentimental night all mixed up with KoC. I'm so happy that I managed to see them live. Definitely a concert bucket list ticked off! Thank you Erlend and Eirik for coming to Jakarta. Do come back and visit us again soon!

PS: I did actually see them live at Laneway Fes SG in 2013. However I only managed to see the last 10-15 minutes of their set. Which was a decision beyond my control. So I'm not sure if that can be considered as catching them live heh.

No comments: