Sunday 7 July 2013

Saturday

It's considered Sunday now, as I'm writing this I know haha. Can't blame me for writing at such ungodly hour right. I love writing at such times, you should know why. But anyho yes it's my favourite day again (now), it's Saturday! Or more like it was Saturday. I love Saturday, I think it's the slackest day of the week where I don't feel so uptight about things and work haha. Everything seems to go pretty slowly and just really nice. I like it.

Although sad to say, I feel that there's no such things as weekends now. There are always things I need to do even on weekends. On Saturdays.

You know I really miss those days back in Singapore where I don't do anything on Saturdays. Well unless there are work to do or when the exams are near, I would wake up early to do work. Then after that I will watch the TV during the day, go out (maybe) in the evening, then spend the rest of the night on my laptop surfing the internet. Or I'll play the piano or blog or watch the TV once again. Because great movies seem to love to play on weekends.

I'll go to the temple on Sunday mornings, have lunch at Holland V, then laze around till evening where I'll go for my run and Sunday was spent mostly on work. Or during ITP I would drown myself in Sunday blues because tomorrow is Monday. Oh man, I really miss those days! Which also actually I kinda regretted not making me weekends more meaningful last time. Like I could have gone overseas to travel for 3D2N or simple a day trip somewhere.

But of course I guess as you grow older, when we start working etc, everyone's definition of weekends will one way or another be changed. And be it a good or bad way, change is the only constant after all. I wouldn't really consider that I have a "5 day work week" here right now. Since as I mentioned above, there's always things that I need to do on Saturdays and even on Sunday night I have work to do. Life is life, there's nothing I can do much.

Though I really hope from within my heart that I can change this habit in the future.

Things are changing as days go by, that's for sure. You know I was chatting with my cousin just now (they're here for the weekend). And it seems so surreal and bizarre at the same time that... I'm talking to a grown up man (or maybe young adult he's same age as me). When we were young we would go out and play. At night we would make noise and laugh etc. But now we simply had a chat and I really enjoyed such chats with him. But deep inside it feels... I don't know. Weird, that we're both young adults now. No longer kids.

Most of my cousins are now either working or are currently in universities studying. I'm left with like 5 cousins (out of the 13) who are either still in primary, secondary or senior high school. And the rest (like me) are working or still in universities. And being young adults, we all have our own busy times. It's harder to meet up cause of work and studies.

Like for example when we meet up last time, the question that we would ask each other is when is our next holiday so that we can meet up. But now that we're already working, there's no such things as school holidays. And hence it is more difficult for us to meet together. Hah, I guess when my mum said that I should enjoy school as much as possible, now I know why.

At times I cannot imagine how life will be like when all of us are married already and have our own family. I suppose it will be even harder to meet and well imagine the next time, perhaps it will be our children that will continue this "tradition" of asking each other when is their holiday and so on.

Oh man thinking about all these make me feel real old.

But well I still love the company of my family. My cousins, aunts and uncles.

Alright I guess that's all for now. Sunday is here, yay!

No comments: