Friday 10 August 2018

7 years

Clementi circa 2011

I am one day late but anyway... Wishing Singapore a happy 53rd birthday! Just want to thank you for the sweet memories, and I'm always looking forward to spending some days back on the sunny island again with my friends. I've become busier now, so I don't go back as often as I did back 4 years ago. But it's alright, I think we're all adults now and we're all busy in our own ways :P

Anyway I was looking through some old photos last night. Because Singapore's National Day always makes me feel sentimental about Singapore hah. As I am using a new laptop, and I didn't transfer all the photos from my old one here, I was digging through my external hard drive to look at some photos that I took while I was in Singapore! Like the photo above, which was shot 7 years ago back in 2011!

Seven long but seemingly short years. And now Clementi has changed so much really. I took this photo from the old Clementi interchange. The temporary one that is. If I'm not wrong, that place has become a block of flats (or is it Condo?). There's a new feature thingy on the MRT line, and a new mall has popped in Clementi. The Clementi mall remains the same though haha.

I took this photo on a Saturday afternoon. I could still remember that afternoon, where I slept the day away hah. If I'm not wrong I overslept and woke up at like 11 AM I think. And I was just feeling really lazy to get out of the house to get food. I procrastinated a lot and eventually pulled myself out of the house to go to Clementi to have lunch. It was a sunny day as you can see, and I decided to bring my lomo camera with me. It was a wise decision I guess, cause now I have this photo!

So yeah, as much as this is a random snap of Clementi taken on a random Saturday afternoon, looking at how much things have changed, I feel kinda thankful to have snapped this photo! Photographs are a testament of a particular time that once stood still. This random moment has given me so much sentimentality and fuzzy feelings. And it definitely made me miss those good old days.

This year marked the 5th year that I went back home for good. Well yeah I do miss Singapore sometimes. I think the thing I missed the most about Singapore is the solitude. I miss the bus rides, the train rides, meeting my friends, going to school, and so on and forth. Life was simple back then, even though ironically I couldn't wait for time to fly so that I can graduate ASAP hah.

Last night made me feel thankful that I shot a lot of photos on my film camera. Not only that they give a whole different feel when you look at the photos again, but they have also become a proof. A testament, about a moment that I once experienced. And most of the time these moments become moments that I will miss in the future. I think I should take more photos now.

Oh well life has to go on. Reminiscing about the past always feels good though.

No comments: