Sunday 19 August 2018

Disappearing

Not sure why but I've been lacking motivation and inspiration to blog nowadas. Perhaps the fact that I've been quite busy in this week, and that I don't have time to blog, adds up to this feeling. Also I've been feeling unwell since Friday. Now I'm officially down with flu! Thanks to the very weird weather pattern these days. It's really hot in the afternoon, and really cold at night. Everyone's falling sick.

I find it ironic that this is happening as I inch closer to my blog's tenth anniversary heh. Ten years of writing and blogging here, things seem to slow down somehow. I still have yet to start on my "big" post! I hope to start soon. Maybe this week since we have the Hari Raya Haji holiday.

Okay maybe just gonna give a short update on what's going on so far!

We had the 7th month prayers for my grandparents, ancestors and my late aunt on Friday and Saturday :D It was nice for the family to gather for these two days. According to our tradition, we're supposed to do this prayer before the temple at my hometown does the prayer. Which usually happens on the 25th of the 7th Lunar month. It was a public holiday on Friday so it's a good date!

It's always nice for the family to gather together, the last time we did this was during my aunt's 100th day prayer I think. The next gathering will be on mid-autumn fest next month I guess.

Yup so far these are all the happenings haha. See, nothing much to talk about!

Alright I guess that's all for now. I want to head to bed earlier tonight. Time to rest up for the week ahead. Hope August has been treating you well. 11 more days to September. Whew.

No comments: