Saturday 7 March 2020

Redeeming Myself

Alright this is a continuation post from last week's post about Java Jazz. As mentioned, the theme of this year's Java Jazz is "Redeem Yourself Through Music", and I think that's such a beautiful theme! Well personally as a music lover, I would say music is one way which I take to "redeem" myself. It's a platform of escape, a platform of reminiscent and a platform of bliss. In one way or another I am able to redeem myself through this platform, from all the not-so-good things that I went through/experienced.

Personally there is one main reason why I go to gigs. It's not only to show my support for my favourite artists and to enjoy their performance, but I think it revolves mainly around escaping reality for a while. To me music is my escape. Every night I would listen to music and it does give me a short moment of relief from the overwhelming waves that hit me through the day/week.

And enjoying music, especially in a live format, is I think a pinnacle of music enjoyment. There is just a sense of euphoria and thrill catching your favourite bands/musicians live, and you can never get it from simply listening to their music at home. In that moment, you truly find a euphoric bliss.

I'm not gonna lie there are times where I keep on telling myself that I don't want to go to gigs/music festivals anymore I feel like I'm too old for it! Haha. Especially since last year's WTF where I just feel like I'm surrounded by so many young people (by young I mean in their teens or early 20s haha) and here I am, someone who's almost thirty still going? Hahaha. But of course I see many people of my age who go to the festival too so I shouldn't feel old heh. And of course, there's no age limit to gigs I guess?

But yeah something just keeps pulling me back and back again. Like I'm always looking forward to it. I remember wanting to not go for last year's WTF but I still ended up going. Although I did sort of "limit" myself more this time, I am not as wild as I used to be haha. Now I just go for gigs/festivals if the artist/band playing is one that I really really love a lot. Back then, I'd try to go for every gigs haha.

So yeah, I truly love the theme of Java Jazz because it truly reflects why I go to music festivals for - to redeem myself through music! Haha. I think I'm going to use that as a theme for every music festival I go to heh. I'm not sure when is the next one, especially now that the COVID-19 situation has cancelled many concerts that are happening soon here around the region. I do hope the situation will get better ASAP and return to normal. It must have been a very distressing times for musicians and fans!

Alright that's all from me now. Be right back redeeming myself through music... In my room :P

No comments: