Friday 8 September 2023

Intermezzo

Right, so this is a short post that will tell you what's going on with me cause... There's a lot that has happened but I was also sick and I haven't been able to update you! Haha. Okay so here goes.

So I actually went to Singapore back on 25-27 August 2 weeks ago. But when I returned home, I was sick! When I returned on Sunday everything was fine. And then... On Monday I felt my throat to be slightly scratchy. Like just itchy. Then on Tuesday I started having fever and develop cough. And then on Wednesday dawn, I had high fever up to 39 degrees. I kinda panicked cause I was feeling really bad then. And I can't take anything to bring the fever down. So I just did some compress and as usual, spam water, turmeric, vitamin C, and chamomile tea hah.

For the whole of Wednesday I was just having fever that ranges from 38 - 39. On Thursday it went down to about 37.6. By Thursday I started coughing quite badly. It disturbed my sleep! On Friday I thought I was getting better as I woke up with no fever but in the afternoon I started having fever again. We're scared that it might be dengue or typhoid cause the fever didn't come down. Did some blood test but it was negative. I got checked by my dad's friend who's a doctor and he found white spots on my throat. Gave me some antibiotics and some cough medicines. By Monday I was much better.

Okay I also tried this like home remedy with onion and honey. I started taking this together with the antibiotics and cough medicine. So I think a combination of this really helped me to get better.

I didn't get myself swabbed but I don't think it's Covid heh. Well actually a lot of people in Indonesia during this period were sick. And they all show the same symptoms of fever and cough. And the cough never seem to disappear heh (mine was gone by Wednesday, but there's some "leftover" cough still haha). Some say it's contributed by the high level of pollution but that's in Jakarta. My hometown's fine heh. But anyway thankfully no one around me got sick either. From the white spots, high fever and the fact that I got better after antibiotics, I have a feeling it's a bacterial infection.

Anyway I'm back now! So I will go ahead to update on what happened in Singapore haha. I'm so glad I've recovered now. It was not a fun thing to go through this condition especially during the end of the month back in August. When I have lots of things to do and clear. I hope everyone is doing well and is staying healthy! I guess there's a bug going around now. Don't forget your vitamin C and fruits and vegetables. Try some herbal medicines too if you want haha. See you soon!

No comments: