Wednesday 7 August 2019

Blue Sky In Your Head

Thank you Lighthouse Family for giving me blue skies on my cloudy days :')

Okay so I was supposed to blog about this last month, since Lighthouse Family's new album was release in July but... Yes you know what happened haha. Anyway here goes!

So yes, Lighthouse Family (LF) released their new album after 18 years last month! This is one of the albums I am so excited about in 2019. It also took me by surprise that they're releasing new music. It all started when they changed the profile photo of their Facebook Page in March with the caption of some exciting news coming or something like that haha. I was so so excited! Cause co-incidentally I was listening to their music a lot in the last few months of 2018 (not sure why) and I was just casually wondering if they will ever release new music in the future. And 3 months later, uh huh, they are.

There was a delay for the album release but it's seriously the wait. We waited for 18 years for new music anyway! Haha. I would say it's a fantastic album. It still has that LF vibes from their previous albums, which made it seem like they never "left" at all, all these 18 years. The same feel good vibes, the same songs that will make you move and most importantly: great music to drive to! I think LF signature is that their music makes your drive more enjoyable, somehow somewhat haha.

Anyway Lighthouse Family has a special place in my heart. Here's why.

Of all the 90s bands, I got "closer" to LF in the early 2000s, when I was actually learning English to prepare for my studies to Singapore. They released their 3rd album "Whatever Gets You Through The Day" in 2001 and this album is special to me! Cause I was learning English, and thus I was learning the lyrics while I was learning the language. I remember listening to the album on the car's cassette player, while reading the album insert. It was the good old times.

Also of all the 90s bands, I enjoy LF songs more because they write songs that just make you feel good. Unlike the love anthems were chiming through the 90s, that I can never relate to (haha), LF songs hit more chords inside my heart. And they are one of the bands that I still consistently listen to throughout these 20 years or so. Because their songs can literally get you through tough times! I remember having High, Ocean Drive and Lifted in my monthly playlists in 2012, which was a tough year for me heh. And not forgetting the random days where I listen to them throughout too.

So yes, like their new album, thank you Lighthouse Family for giving me blue skies on my cloudy days!

Look ma, pa, LF reposted my photo on their Facebook page! HAHAHA

And and and... I am all over the sky (pun intended) because they actually reposted my photo on their social media pages! I was so shocked cause I was scrolling through Instagram one night when I saw my photo (the one above) on my timeline. I was like... Didn't I post this photo 2 weeks back? And when I saw that it was LF's page who posted the photo with my handle credited on it, I was so happy!

The ten year old me is happy to receive a signed copy of the album, and to have one of his favourite 90s bands use his photo on their page haha. Thank you Lighthouse Family for making me happy haha.

Alright that's all for this post. I hope you give this brilliant album a listen. And may Lighthouse Family songs give you blue skies on your cloudy days! See ya soon :)

No comments: