Wednesday 31 July 2019

Super 8

Can't believe it's the end of July already. Every year goes by more and more quickly, it's terrifying! Well we shouldn't be surprised actually. I think that's how time work haha. 

Anyway time to share with you lots of great new music of July!

Great Music of July:
- Blue Sky In Your Head by Lighthouse Family (Album) (after 18 years!)
- Rouge by Yuna (Album)
- Weather by Tycho (Album)
- Pictured Resort by Pictured Resort (Album)
- Fever Dream by Of Monsters and Men (Album)
- Faith by Bon Iver
- Kids In The Dark by Bat For Lashes
- Mellow Medicine by Naoko Gushima

Song of The Month: Super 8 by Lighthouse Family

So, many, new, albums in this merry month of July! Not gonna talk about everything as usual. I will write a special post about the new Lighthouse Family album tho! Coming up soon.

Tycho released his new album Weather and I think it's a great album from him after 3 years! This is also his first album with vocals in it. I find it really ridiculous how some people wrote on his album release post about how adding vocals "was a mistake" or how he should "just stick to making instrumentals". I think every artists writes their music based on the freedom that they have to pour their creative output out, and not what fans want or don't want. I was a bit apprehensive too when he released "Pink and Blue" and said that the album will have vocals. But no, the album is just another great Tycho album with melancholic, luscious and smooth instrumentals, just with vocals in it. I'm digging it! <3

Discovered Pictured Resort from an Indonesian vinyl enthusiast that I follow on Instagram! PR is an indie-pop band from Japan but I think their music has a strong city pop vibes. The album is their sophomore album and it sounds amazing! Truly reminds me of 80s city pop. So thankful that I managed to discover them from him. Thank you @mugidingdong on Instagram! :D

OMAM also released a new album (finally) called Fever Dream. It's an album that I'm excited to listen to in 2019. I think they have fresh new sounds for this album, but still the same earthy OMAM energy that they carry in their music. Some of my favourites from the album is Wars, Stuck in Gravity, Vulture Vulture. I read from their page that they just have a new studio made and thus they're experimenting with new sounds etc. I hope I can catch them in this new album tour.

New songs from Bon Iver and Bat for Lashes made me feel excited for their new albums coming out later in this year too! And I'm exicted for Shura's new album next month whoop whoop.

Alright that's all for this month's great music. 4 more months to dicovering new music. I hope July had been treating you well. Here's me wishing you an Awesome August! Take care and see ya.

No comments: