Saturday 27 July 2019

Vegan Festival Indonesia 2019

Vegan Festival Indonesia 2019 at Mall Taman Anggrek

Not only did I go for We The Fest last weekend, I also went to this year's Vegan Festival Indonesia at Mall Taman Anggrek with Chris! Felt lucky to have the festival happening in the same weekend as WTF. I've always wanted to go for the festival but I couldn't make it last year as it clashed with something. So it was a great opportunity I guess. But seriously, you have to go for at least 2 days because there were too many food options to try! I only managed to try a few.

Or to be exact, just 4 food for me in the festival hahaha.


First up we have Bakmi Ahuat! This is one of the best, or probably the best vegan bakmi I've eaten. Although to be frank it tasted different from the one I ate last year straight from the shop. But I think it still tastes awesome. Also kudos to the organiser for choosing banana leaves on top of plates instead of just plastic containers. They actually encouraged the visitors to bring their own containers. I did bring mine to bring home some vegan cakes haha. Cake reviews later in the post :P


Next up with have ivegan pizza. They're a famous vegan pizza restaurant in Jakarta and I've been wanting to try their pizza! But like I said above, after Bakmi Ahuat I was so full already that I just tried one of their flavours - which is the smoked beef. Man, finally I can eat pizza without worrying that I'll get a pimple breakout from the dairy products like cheese haha. The pizza tastes good. The smoked "beef" really have a nice smoky flavour. I think I need to visit them again :)


For dessert we have Icekim, which is a vegan ice cream shop/producer, made using almond milk! I did try their ice cream at Dharma Kitchen last time. Haven't tried their green tea flavour and it's really nice and creamy! I don't really like the "weird" taste that some vegan ice cream have, especially when it's made using almond milk. But Icekim ones taste just like a normal ice cream! Creamy, not too sweet, and the green tea flavour hits the spot too. Not too strong nor too weak.

Special mention goes to Burger Vegtory for their mushroom burger! I had the black pepper burger which was made using a breaded mushroom. It tastes alright, just that I find it a tad too salty.


I bought home some vegan cakes from Rumah Juliet, which is a vegan patisserie in Jakarta and oh my goodness they taste so good! I bought some for my mum (thankfully they have gluten free options) and siblings. I haven't had cakes in a long time and wow their cakes are so awesome! Love the brownies and the doughnuts too. Especially the cinnamon one. The chocolate doughnut is also awesome. I need to visit them again and try more. I wish I can buy each of their cakes from the festival hahaha.

Alright that's all for the Vegan Festival Indonesia! Had such a lovely Saturday with Chris eating and also catching up on life over lunch at Common Grounds Coffee after the festival. Thank you for the book! Hope to see you again soon in the near future. And I hope I can go for the 2020 Vegan Festival Indonesia. It's like the only place I can eat my heart out without worrying that it's not vegan heh :P

No comments: