Friday 26 July 2019

We The Fest 2019!

Yearly escapism of the mind. Thank you We The Fest

I think We The Fest has become a yearly affair for me, now that I've went for 3 consecutive years! Although as usual I just went for one day haha. Can't really afford to go for three days. Well now it's become a July event (2017 one happened in August) and I've been taking it as a birthday present for myself haha. This year's lineup was quite okay, even though I couldn't manage to catch all the acts I wanted to see. I went for day one this time round, cause there are 3 acts I wanna see!

Two are artists that I've been wanting to see for almost 5 years! They are Alvvays and Jai Wolf. 

Anyway I went for the festival at 7 PM ish this time cause Alvvays and Jai Wolf were playing at night. As usual I walked around the festival ground to see the layout and everything. Very important cause I'm moving between stages haha. I ate some food before the festival cause I knew there won't be any vegan option. And I was right! Sort of. There's a juice bar there hahaha.

All the way from Canada, Alvvays!

Alright so the first band that I caught was Alvvays and oh my goodness I am finally seeing them live after 5 years! And damn their set was so so good. I had a good time dancing and singing to their songs. Thankfully they played quite a few songs from their first album, which is one of my favourite albums from 2014. The crowd was awesome too, we were all rocking to their music. Had a great time rocking it out with Next of Kin which was their closing song. So good!

I was literally on a juice cleanse guys haha

Next I walked around the festival ground while waiting for Jai Wolf set which was 1 hour later after Alvvays' set. As there was no vegan option, I went to drink a few bottles of juice from the juice bar haha. So I was literally on a juice cleanse! And of course not forgetting the beer too.

Jai Wolf bringing us on an epic journey

Next up was Jai Wolf, and he's one of my favourite electronic music producers that I discovered from his song Indian Summer back in 2015! I've been wanting to see him live and whew his set was so mind blowing. Before his set he said to us: Jakarta are you ready to go on a journey? And boy he did really bring us on an epic journey! I can feel his passion and his pulse moving through his whole set. And to close the set with Indian summer was truly such an ethereal experience. 

Thank you so so much for coming to Jakarta. I hope to see you again one day!

I'm living for your every move, Troye

And... Surprise surprise. The gay gods have blessed me to see Troye Sivan Live TWICE this year! Yup he's the 3rd artist I wanted to see in WTF. But meh the rundown times was quite bad. His set started during Jai Wolf set so I only managed to catch 1/3rd of this set. But it's okay! I did catch him live in Singapore with Brenda and I had a good time dancing with the Indonesian crowd whoop!

Alright that's all for this year's WTF. Well I think I'm getting old for music festivals haha. Okay I'll write another post for this. But yes I had a great Friday at WTF last week. It's always good to lose yourself to music sometimes. And to go to a place where the music is louder than the noise in your head.

No comments: