Friday 28 February 2020

Under The Weather (Again)

Hello! It's been so long since I last blogged and that's simply because... I fell sick. Again! This time round it's quite bad as I had to be put on drips. Yikes. So basically I was sick for the whole of second half of last week whew. I just recovered fully on Tuesday. This is how it went. 

So last Wednesday (19/2) I started having fever at night. Actually I was already feeling rather feverish on Wednesday dawn. I was having some flu symptoms (blocked nose and constant sneezing). On Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat. It wasn't a bad sore throat, just painful when swallowing food. And then on Wednesday night the fever got worst, and on Thursday dawn, I was down with a fever of 38.3! And you know how much I panic when I have fever. Had fever since like 3 AM till 7 AM.

On Thursday I lost my voice. Not exactly like lost my ability to speak but my throat felt so numb I couldn't even like speak properly. And I continued to have fever for the whole day. It was very unpleasant really. I was just spamming water and chamomile tea throughout the day haha. It did kinda help. But on Friday I still woke up with a fever. It's lower this time though like 37.6 ish. But I was having a really bad headache since Thursday and I thought I was having dengue!

The blood test came negative. But since my fever lasted for 3 days, and my headache isn't gone, and I'm allergic to all fever/headache medicines, doctor asked me to be put on drips. Also my blood was very concentrated and that's why I'm having constant headaches. After the drips session, I was feeling much better. At least I can walk quite freely then. On Saturday I was still recuperating and Sunday I was feeling much much better, except for the remaining sore throat. But I wasn't having fever or headaches! 

So I thought I had recovered right... And I was wrong. I was down with a fever again on Sunday night and a huge round of nausea! Damn it. I was scared that I had dengue (cause usually the virus is detected 3-5 days after infection). Went for another blood test and thankfully it's still negative. I was just given anti nausea medicine and thankfully by Monday night I was feeling much better.

I only returned to work on Tuesday and yeah it was the first time in almost a week that I actually felt "normal" and healthy. No fever, no nausea no sore throat heh. I think there's a flu bug going around here. My workers were sick and my father got sick too. Then I got sick and my mum followed heh. Not sure what and why. Perhaps it's the change of weather. Cause the rain and sunny days are interchanging weirdly... In February. It's so hot in the afternoon but it rarely rains!

Anyway here I am now! It's the last day of February tomorrow and I will be going to Java Jazz whoop whoop. I wanted to cancel the trip but I've been feeling great these past 3 days. My sore throat disappeared too. I'm gonna enjoy the last day of February and this special leap day with some great music! Catching T-Square, Mondo Gascaro and PREP! And some other acts too.

I hope you had a Fabulous February. Please take care of yourself too, especially in times like these. Drink lots of water, wash your hands often and keep it up with the fruits and veg. Let us all march towards a Marvelous March! I will see you with some photos and story of the festival :)

No comments: