Thursday 7 May 2020

Happy Vesak Day!

First of all just wanna wish you a happy Vesak day! May all beings be happy and well. Especially in times like these huh. The whole world is suffering and we all need the love and care for this world.

As times go by, I don't really celebrate Vesak Day. Or personally I don't see what's there to "celebrate" about ahaha. To me I think it's more of a day of commemoration of the birth, enlightenment and para-nirvana of the Buddha. And we do this by doing meditation, chantings and so on. Although I think the past two years I feel like Vesak day is a day where I'm reminded that 2500 years ago, somewhere in India/Nepal, a man became enlightened on what it truly means to be a human being.

It's not an easy thing for sure, I personally believe we cannot become a Buddha in this lifetime heh. Not even the next! But the simple fact that Prince Siddharta is a human, and is capable of doing so, gives me hope and encouragement to practise Buddhism. It gives me a sense of purpose and drive in this life. That there is something I can work on, in this (albeit short) lifetime of mine.

The older I grow, the more resonant the Buddha's teachings in my life become. And the more I believe that Buddhism isn't really a religion but more of a philosophy. A way of life we can put into practice in our lives. It may seem a bit "deep" and complicated but once you practise and observe the lives around you, you'll kinda realise that hey, the Buddha is right! Or at least it'll make you go hmm.

Okay I think I'll dedicate another post for this. Just a short update from me for now.

And wow it's already May. I swear time has become non-existent since the pandemic started heh.

Take care and stay safe everyone. Happy Vesak once again :)

No comments: