Monday 18 May 2020

Vegan Scallops

Okay this is a really really random post but I took a nap just now and had a very very vivid weird dream! It's been so long since I did a dream diary entry so here goes I suppose!

So my dream started with me walking in the middle of my hometown. There was a huge event/celebration going on in town (weirdly, in the middle of a pandemic heh) and I was checking it out. I couldn't figure out what the event was, it wasn't clear. All I know is that it happens at night and the roads are closed for it. It was getting late so I decided to walk back home. It was 9 PM ish in my dream.

On my way home I passed by this newly opened vegan restaurant near my house. It has a very nice and standing-out decoration and design. Definitely not something that is usually designed in my hometown. I went inside and the interior design was even quirkier! The floor tile is checkered like a chess board. There were lots of mirrors and even chandeliers. The dining ware is super classy too.

As I made my way to the counter to order I was told that it was opened by a Norwegian couple who moved here. They are vegans and their mission is to bring their vegan scallops here. Even though it's expensive. And also I don't know why the customers are all Caucasian even though we're in the middle of my hometown haha. Before me was this boy who took so long to order. 

They ended up shooing him away. And when asked what I wanted to order, I asked for their recommendation and they recommended me their vegan scallop. Which takes the shape and form of a scallop but vegan. Only in my dreams I suppose haha. I tasted it and it was okay but still puzzled about why there's a Norwegian restaurant in the middle of my hometown hahaha.

Then I woke up from this bizarre nap.

Okay possible reasons for the dream outline. The night before this I watched a BBC video about a debate whether oysters are vegan or not haha. As for the event in the hometown it was probably because the streets of my hometown were packed today and I was caught in a jam.

Okay that's all for this dream diary entry. See you soon!

No comments: