Tuesday 29 December 2020

Great Music of 2020

Hello hello, I know I haven't been updating a lot these days. But I reckon I should share with you the great music of 2020! It's a crazy year isn't it? And I am so ever thankful for the company of these wonderful musicians. Thank you for the music, for the company, and as always, for keeping me sane!

Here goes! As usual I won't go into details, I'll just share my favourite albums and songs.

Favourite albums of 2020:

1. Commensality by Kinnship
1. PREP by PREP
3. some kind of peace by Olafur Arnalds
4. Cannot Be, Whatsoever by Novo Amor
5. Shore by Fleet Foxes
6. Bury The Moon/Satt by Asgeir
7. Truth or Consequence by Yumi Zouma
8. Chromatica by Lady Gaga
9. No One Else Can Wear Your Crown by Oh Wonder
10. Future Nostalgia by Dua Lipa

The album of the year is a tie between Kinnship's Commensality and PREP's debut self-titled. I love Commensality lyrics, but I love PREP's musicality in the album! I can't choose one haha. Well guess what it's the 3rd year in a row that Kinnship (FKA Favela) tops the favourite albums of the year list! Well I really love his music, and I'm so excited for more new music from him. As for PREP, it's such a great debut from them, and also something that we've been waiting for! <3

Favourite songs of 2020:

1. Breathing by Kinnship
2. Stop This Flame by Celeste
3. Years Don't Lie by PREP
4. Opaline by Novo Amor
5. I Wish I Could Slow The West by Kinnship
6. If We're Being Honest by Novo Amor
7. Bury The Moon by Asgeir
8. Southwark by Yumi Zouma
9. Better Now by Oh Wonder
10. Douha (Mali Mali) by Disclosure ft Fatoumata Diawara
11. Chance by Rayowa
12. Woven Song by Olafur Arnalds
13. Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa
14. Baby It's You by London Grammar
15. Can I Believe You by Fleet Foxes
16. wachito rico by Boy Pablo
17. Sintas by Tashoora
18. Giants by Dermot Kennedy
19. Alice by Lady Gaga
20. Alone by Furns

Okay just celebrating 2020, with twenty of my favourite songs from this year! As you all know I have a longer list but yes I can keep going haha. But yup these are my favourite songs from this year. I do discover a lot more songs which have become my favourite but they're older songs so I'm not sure if they should be on the list heh. But yay to discovering new songs as always!

I'm very excited for 2021. I've seen a lot of musicians and bands writing music in this crazy year so I look forward to hearing new music from them in the coming year. And of course I'm also excited to discover new music, which I've been doing a lot in this past year whoop!

Alright that's all from me now. It's a crazy year for all of us and once again I am very thankful for the company of these wonderful music. I hope you're all staying safe and healthy. Take care!

No comments: