Tuesday 27 September 2011

SPSB Korea Trip :D

Hello all! I just got back from SPSB Korea trip :D I had a great time there! Kudos to all the committee who have planned this trip, especially to Zachary who is the tour co-ordinator :D I really enjoyed the trip there and wow! I couldn't believe I just performed overseas in front of a public crowd! It's like a dream come true for me :) So yup I feel really happy about that.

Anyway the trip was about 6 days long, I won't talk in complete about the trip. Maybe just a rough idea of the places etc. Anyway I'm blogging while waiting for my photos to be uploaded :P



Anyway the first day was spent out, we reached Seoul at about 7 AM and we head for breakfast first! It was udon with some fried fritter thingy. Finally I had kimchi! Yayness haha. Then we visitted DMZ AKA de-militerised zone, where we could see North Korea from there. Kind of cool actually, we saw the tall tall flag pole there. And North Korea itself! Pretty amazing, especially for a history student like me.

Clarinets! :D

The 2nd and 3rd day was our "exchange" days. The first exchange was at Yonsei university. We performed in their auditorium! They looked like they enjoyed our performance, even though it could be better I feel. I would like to apologise myself as I didn't touch my lovely clarinet for like a month already, and I performed. But I gave my best shot, and I truly enjoyed performing there :) We had a campus tour as well, and we watched their orchestra performance! They played Bach symphony no 1, pirates and star wars :D

Kind of funny that they called us SPOB - Orchestra Band. I guess it's some miss communication,

Performance at Insadong street!

Hanyang University Amateur Orchestra. Go Woodwinds! :D

The 2nd exchange was with Hanyang university. We didn't have an exchange but we went to watch their concert called Hanaklang! Really awesome concert, even though we missed the first half. On the 3rd day we also performed and Insadong street where we attracted quite a few crowds! I felt really happy to have performed there. At first I didn't know we are performing at public place. When I knew, I was both happy and nervous haha. But seriously, it's a dream come true for me to perform overseas. So I really enjoyed it there!

Nothing beats the joy of playing John Barnes Chance's Variations On A Korean Folk Song in Korea itself. Just so amazing, arirang~

The next few days was spent either shopping, sightseeing, and LOTTE WORLD!


Lotte World is a theme park, it's freaking awesome there. So proud of myself to have tried their "hardcore" rides where it's really... Hardcore heh. Like the Gyro Swing where we are seated in a circle, then we are turning and swinging quite high! Kinda scary but fun! And Gyro Jump, Atlantis (best coaster ever) and Comet ride. Woohoo :D


There was sightseeing at the palace. It reminds me of Da Chang Jin haha. The architectural design there is really nice, kind of like the Chinese (like the one in Gu Gong) but simpler and less colourful. Pretty interesting designs as well, like why sand is used around the king's sleeping room, to prevent assassins from entering the gate, cause there would be noise when they walk on the sand.

Myeon Dong

Insadong

Shopping was done in Insadong, Dong Dae Mun and Myeon Dong! The shirts there are not as CHEAP as I thought, it's slightly cheaper, but good! I mean it's like Made in Korea so I guess worth the price. I love the designs as well. There's this shop called art box in MD and their notebooks are soooo gorgeous. I bought some, cause they are cheap as well! How awesome right :D

Ginseng Chicken! Samgetang

Yup I guess that's all for the trip itself. I had a great time there, but I wished I could have more time exploring the city and interacting with the locals/students there. The weather there is really nice, and the people there really know how to dress well. The food there is heavenly, with the ginseng chicken as my most favourite! Not forgetting the BBQ stuff too.

I'll return to Korea one day, that's a promise :)

Alright that's all for the Korea trip! Photos are on FB so you can go check it out. See you all soon! :) I need to blog more about my OCIP trip as well, the last post was just like... 1/3? 1/4? Of it. More to come, more photos! :D

Sorry if I was a loner there. Sorry if I feel like I'm a precipitate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that part of north korea has no residents! its a fake city created to make south koreans think that north korea's a city. srsly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kij%C5%8Fng-dong

Adhi said...

Yup! It's the propaganda village. They make things look nice so that the South Koreans will move to NK by thinking that life there is better. They have so much time and money huh -.-

Anonymous said...

Yo! The ride looks so awesome!!!!!

Adhi said...

Yup! So damn awesome :D Very fun and scary but when you ride it is very nice lol