Saturday 7 September 2013

Seven Hundred And Thirty One Days Ago

 
 Seven Hundred And Thirty One Days Ago

Seven hundred and thirty one days ago, I was in Duolun. In fact we just reached Duolun from the 8 hours bus ride from Beijing. Probably at the exact time now I was asleep cause I remember that day, I was tired haha. At Duolun Grand Hotel to be exact, and today (or later in the morning) we were all preparing for our first day of the project.

731 days ago, felt like yesterday.

It sucks being a sentimental person I suppose, but I'm glad that I prepared myself for future sentimentality because I always keep a journal wherever I travel. So that I can relive the moments again whenever I need to in the future. Well I know one shouldn't cling to the past so much. But it's good that I treasure moments I suppose? It's quite... Interesting.

I really have to say that the Green Desert Project back in 2011 was really the best 2 weeks I had in my life. It's the trip that truly opens up my eyes to a lot of things. Firstly to China itself, as a country. To the environment. To traveling. And to friendship. I learned so much in that 2 weeks, done a lot and treasured a lot as well.

The awesome team I worked with, the friendly locals of Duolun, the beautiful sights of Inner Mongolia and of course the planting of the trees. What more can I ask for, right? It was definitely truly a memorable experience for me that I am so glad to be a part of.

Alright I'm just going to spend the next 11 days reminiscing. As usual. For the 2nd year.

Thank you my fellow GTs

No comments: