Monday 30 December 2013

Best of 2013 - Part 2

Hi everyone again. Yes I could have blogged this series of best of 2013 in the past 8 days but they never happen. So I'm just going to end it off here since tomorrow is the last day of the year damn! Ah well, I'm going to write a really long post about the year tomorrow so do watch for it! Here's the 2nd and last part of best of 2013. And it's about travels.

[] Best of 2013 - Travels []

Since this year, I've decided to add a new resolution to every year. And that is to travel to a new place that I've never been before, if possible out of my country, every year. And this year I'm glad I went to a couple of new places and it's pretty nice to know that. I have plans for next year too and I'm going to make it happen. I love traveling to new places. Like I said isn't it such a waste to not see the world while you're walking on it, living on it? Right right? Hehe.

So yes let's begin to new place number one and that is Thailand! I've never been to Thailand. The only time I went there was for a 2 hour transit in Bangkok Airport while I was heading for Sweden heh. This year at least I managed to travel there. In Bangkok, Phuket and Krabi woots! Looking forward to more adventures in the land of smile. 

 Wat Arun, Bangkok

In March I headed to Bangkok and Phuket with Jolene, Melissa, Sharon and Weilun for our grad trip! We spent 4 days in Bangkok and another 4 in Phuket. I really love Thailand. Everything about it like the food, the places, the people. Well I kinda dislike the heat heh cause Bangkok's pretty humid but living in Singapore for 11 years I'm really used to it.

Somewhere in Phuket

Phuket's pretty lovely as well with the lovely beaches and bustling night life. Will never forget those times swimming in clear blue water with fishiiies haha. And somehow Thailand really reminds me of my country too. Just that everyone speaks Thai there (duh). And the food really suits my tongue. I really really love som tum AKA papaya salad.

Krabi!

And just recently like 2 weeks ago I just went to Krabi with Adeline and Jeslyn! I kinda prefer Krabi than Phuket because Krabi is more chill. But when it comes to night life Phuket excites me more. And yeah I just love how chill Krabi is despite of it being a tourist place. The locals are nice too and yup, beaches are lovely. I really hope I can explore the other provinces in Thailand! I just love the country and hope I can come back there one day :)

Train odyssey to Bogor

As for Indonesia, well I went to a few places I haven't been before or haven't explored before. I suppose one is Tasikmalaya, for my sister's friend wedding and another is Bogor which I took a train with together with my cousins last month. I think my country is a beautiful country and seriously speaking, there are so many places I've yet to explore. Exploring more new places in my country is definitely a new year resolution for 2014!

Sunset in Uluwatu

And to end off this post, I just wanna say that this year I learnt that traveling alone is a wonderful experience! My solo trip to Bali taught me that. Alone doesn't necessarily mean emo and negative. It's an eye opener which I highly recommend to everyone. But of course safety comes first so do research on the place you wanna go before you leave.

 Here's to more solo-travels in the future - and one adventure in 2014.

No comments: