Thursday 10 April 2014

100/365

 Happy 100th day!

Right today is the 100th day of the year! Time flies indeed eh. And also at the same time I feel happy because I accomplished 100 of the 365 photos taken so far for Project365! Yay. I did a collage of photos which I took over the past 100 days. Looking back it is quite pretty to look at these photos haha.

It's quite challenging I must say to take 100 different photos everyday. Although sometimes I would "repeat" my photos, like taking photos of skies etc. But hey no sky is the same from any given day right so it is considered different, you know what I mean. And sometimes I take pictures of objects like food and others. I know they may seem not as "wow" as you would expect it to be, but I suppose it's fine. Because I have more than one goal in this project.

The main objective of this project is to ensure that I do what I love doing everyday - and that is taking photos. I'm not a photographer so it's pretty difficult for me to go for a shoot everyday, or even every week or month. So I am using my trusty handphone to take these photos and I'm fine with it. Of course I hope to be a better photographer but that's kinda hard since I'm using a phone camera instead of a proper DSLR like my awesome Sony.

But like the saying goes, it's not the camera but the photographer! Heh :P

And I would also want to make this project like a visual diary for me? It feels pretty amazing to look back on the photos and really rewind to the day where I took that photo. What was happening, why did I take that photo and so on. And also I want to take this opportunity to take pictures of things I love, and also things I'm grateful for. Thus the food. I love food! So I don't mind taking pictures of food and remind myself how lucky I am, actually, to have something to eat.

A lot of my friends are joining that 100 happy days movement thingy. And I truly support it, because it is one step closer to being a happy person. If you find 100 things that can make you happy consecutively everyday I'm sure you'll find it easier to find things that make you happy for the rest of the days. And also you'll realise you don't need a lot of things to be happy. You don't need money and expensive food and so on. Simple things make you happy!

Although I find it really ironic where some of my friends would post something like

"#100happydays. Monday is here tomorrow and I'm dreading it"

That just completely destroy the purpose of this project heh.

Anyho, taking 100 different photos everyday is a challenge for me because number one, I don't travel much here. Unlike in Singapore where I have to take 2 buses to school, walk a lot around school, take 2 buses home or even walk home, go to the supermarket by walking this and that. So I have loads of photography opportunities. Here, is a totally different story. So yeah I find it rather challenging with this aspect of not traveling a lot here (by foot).

Number 2 is the fact that I don't spend much time outdoors. And outdoors is where the magic is. But this adds up to the challenge. Like sometimes I'll capture interesting things that I find indoors. Like for example the tea leaves in a container, or the butter cookies in a can that looks pretty inside. Or I can find interesting patterns and so on.

However with all of these things, I also learn a wonderful lesson that actually everything around us is beautiful. It's really up to us to whether we actually see it (or want to see it). Like what Confucius said, Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it. So Project365 has definitely helped me to think outside the box, and to see the unseen beauties of this world. So yes, I'm eager to know what the next 265 days have in offer for me!

Alright that's all for now. If you wanna jump in the band wagon you can do so! You can start Project265 and it's not so bad eh :P

No comments: