Saturday 5 April 2014

Clocks

Today is quite an awesome Saturday indeed. Had a mini family reunion for the whole day because we'll be going for qing ming tomorrow, which is a Chinese tradition to go back to our ancestors' graveyard to clean up or well to basically "pay a visit" there. And before this, we usually pray to our ancestors first which is complete with food. I think this is done because in the past people need to bring food to the graveyard but since it can be a hassle, we do it at home.

I suppose this is a plus side of being in a Chinese family? The fact that a lot of these tradition bring us closer, because as a sign of respect it is good that we're present in such occasions unless we can't. So in a sense the family will not forget our roots, and at the same time we're all brought closer together through such traditions. Oh and don't forget the food too heh.

Anyway yup so today my aunts all came to my grandma house as usual for the prayers etc. And had a good time talking and chatting with them. We had a satay session at night as well and oh gosh I love goat-satays haha. Yes goats! At the same time these days I realised we're all grown ups now. We don't talk about games and other "child" stuff. We talk about business, music and travel etc. Things we find such a bore when we were kids eh.

I used to love Fridays but ever since I got back here, Saturday has become my favourite day. Although well to be honest there's no such things as TGIF for me because I always have something to do on the weekends. Unlike when I was in Singapore where Saturday was really an off day for me. I could wake up at 10 AM, do whatever I want, eat/cook whatever I want, go out with friends and etc for the whole day. Unless exams were in the corner, or I have loads of assignments.

I suppose there's no such things as an "off day" for me here. Maybe until Hari Raya holidays here where we really have a proper off day heh. I don't know why but I think a day doing anything you want (keyword: want, not need) is definitely not a day wasted. In fact I believe everyone should do that at least once a week. I suppose that what weekends are for? But since to me I don't really have weekends... I can only enjoy hours of this moment.

And that moment comes in Saturday nights and run till Sunday dawn or something. There's something so magical when I listen to music on Saturday nights. And when it's music that I love. It feels like something just cliqued right through me, inside me, to give such an indescribable feeling. So yeah, Saturdays have become my favourite days due to these reasons.

I hope when I grow up, I can redeem my off days haha. I don't know man. But I surely miss those Saturdays I had back in Singapore. Weekends are really weekends, days where I had fun and just relax before a week begins. And well even here now, I have calculations to do on Sunday nights heh. So yeah gone were the weekends I suppose.

April is here already! Sometimes I feel really dumb when I just realised that we're already into the fourth month of the year. Sometimes I would just stare into the emptiness and like "oh yeah we're in April now... Ohh..." and then "wake up" from this dream. Sometimes I got so busy here that I just couldn't keep track in time. And at the same time there are days where I really feel the heartbeat of time beating alongside my heartbeat. So yes.

Anyho, can't wait for Qing Ming tomorrow! I like visiting my grandparent's graveyard. It feels so serene and quiet there. Well well. Here's to an Awesome April! The month where I'll get things done. Yeah baby!

No comments: