Thursday 24 April 2014

Hooked

Whew it's been a week since I blogged. Kinda feel guilty about it but well I've been busy for the past week... Because I spent the night watching Games of Thrones!! Hahaha. Well so what happened was two weeks ago I went to watch the second episode of GoT season 4 because Sigur Ros played there as a special appearance. So they were a group of musicians for the stupid king jeoffrey in his wedding and he threw coins at them. How dare he :O

I didn't know what was going on because I didn't watch since the first season. I know Vithya watched GoT so I was talking to her about it and she told me I need to watch it from the first season (oh cause I told her I'll just watch from season 4 onwards). But when I heard that each season only has 10 episodes, I decided to give it a go. And boy oh my, I actually got so hooked that I watched 2 episodes on the first night (Sunday night) hahaha.

So yes I kept on watching every night. No I'm done with season 1 so I'm giving it a break.

And another reason is because Vithya and I actually joined an online class! Well it's like an online course about music by Novoed which I believe is (somehow somewhere) associated with Stanford university. It is free, which to me makes it such an amazing and meaningful course to attend, and I really love the lecturer of this course, Ms Tina Seelig because she's really inspirational and her weekly lectures are really interesting! I've been doing assignments too which is fun.

So this week's assignment was a team assignment so Vithya and I had to think of 100 ideas how music can be used to solve a problem. It was pretty exciting and interesting how we managed to come up with 100 ideas when well to be honest I was feeling really skeptical about coming up with so many! But well thanks to the lectures in the previous weeks and also Vithya's interesting ideas and creativity I managed to think quite a lot of ideas so yay kudos to that!

Pretty excited to know the rest of the course. It's pretty interesting! And I truly enjoy it as well because it makes me feel like I'm going back to school again with all these lectures and assignments. Although umm it's only once a week. I wish I can be in Singapore so that Vithya and I can discuss things more easily cause now we communicate with emails and Whatsapp haha. But no worries, it's still manageable thankfully. So yup looking forward to more lessons!

Anyway before I left poly, someone very special to me told me to not stop learning. To join whatever online courses I want to join. And to seek him if I ever need help. I'm living up to his words so thank you for the gentle reminder you told me :)

Alright I will try to blog more okay! GoT is really hooking though. Love the story!

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

omg Adhi coincidentally (LOL)I saw that bit of game of thrones on HBO. then I saw the musicians and I recognised Jonsi haha. but the show huh definitely R21 ehem ehem. Anyways good to hear that you're taking online classes,sounds fun! I think I know who gave you that advice. :D Dr Simon Tan right heheh.
Btw, I met him when I had lunch in SP but didn't talk much oh and Miss Yulia won best lecturer award or smth yayness!

Adhi S said...

Haha hi Syaz! Yeah sometimes I'm very disturbed by the show too! lololol. Haha yeah you guessed it right! :P How's everyone at SP? I miss SP fooooood! And having food with all of you. Wow she truly deserves that award! Congrats Miss Yulia :D