Wednesday 27 May 2015

Change

Since Monday, I've decided to change a bit of my habit... 

Well I've been meditating everyday, and I usually meditate right before I sleep. But I realised two things: I will either get sleepy, or I will "rush" my meditation because I'm afraid that I can't sleep, or I will get little sleep. Because usually after I meditate, I will feel more awake and fresh hah. And also after doing a bit of research, meditating before sleep is bad because yes, your mind will put you to sleep haha.

So I've pushed back my meditation time to about an hour/an hour and a half before I sleep. Basically I read that well, just put aside some time every day for your meditation. It's actually okay to meditate before you sleep but yes, I find it hard because I feel like I'm falling asleep. And also, as for me, I put aside some time everyday to both meditate and chant sutras. Not bad, 30 minutes a day (15 minutes for each) doesn't hurt much right? Heh. And we have to do it every day.

Meditation is like working out. You know, when you work out to build muscles and stuff, once you don't work out for a long time, you have to start from zero. Same for meditation - just that we are training our minds! Although I've been meditating for almost a year now, I didn't really "stick" to discipline. Most of the time, I meditate 10 minutes a day. But sometimes, 5 or even... Zero!

And I realised when I do this for a few days, I find it more and more difficult to concentrate everyday. But once I train and discipline myself more to meditate longer, I get better everyday again. And like the other time when I went to Singapore in January, where I didn't meditate for 3 days, wow, it's so difficult to go back after I got back here. So yup, I've decided to put aside some time in the day to meditate. It doesn't have to be "proper", I can meditate when I sit too. Or even inside the car and stuff.

Try meditation! It's good for your mind, soul and body :)

No comments: