Thursday 14 May 2015

Off-day

We're having a holiday here today, so it is pretty much an off day for us! I would say it was a pretty chill day, I have nothing much to do and yeah it feels kinda great to have such a day, after being busy every other day I suppose? I went for a funeral wake in the afternoon with my mum, then had lunch with my sister and at night, I went to the farm with my dad. That's about it! Pretty relaxing day isn't it.

The day was made "worst" thanks to the pouring rain that started in the late afternoon. It just seriously dampens my mood to do anything hah. In fact I went to have a nap TWICE can you believe it. But anyway, like I said, it feels nice to have a relaxing day like this. The past few days of the week have been pretty busy. Lots of things to do and such. I was so happy to wake up this morning with zero notifications on my phone. Unlike the usual days where I would wake up to like messages and BBMs and WhatsApps and stuff. Isn't it an awesome way to start the day? (Insert sarcasm here).

I always have this wish in which I can have a day in the week where I can unwind and relax. Like seriously a day dedicated to do this. But well it's kind of impossible so never mind. I decided to dedicate some time everyday to do this - and that's before I sleep. I would do whatever I want, but mostly I would just chill and listen to music. Read some interesting articles or videos on YouTube. I don't really want to be in a state where I have to be busy all the time. That's a nightmare. 

Anyway I've been watching Casey Neistat's vlogs since the first day he made it. And in one of his recent vlogs he was discussing how he doesn't like free-time, cause it made him unproductive. I am awed by his determination of making the fullest of his day. Be it running, doing work, creating movies and spending time with his family. But he said he doesn't like having free time. And it made me cringe a tiny bit - cause I'm the opposite of him, where I want to have free-time! Heh.

Well yes I do agree with him about the part in which we have to make the best out of our time in this life. To create things, and just be awesome really. But I suppose well, we have our own ways and definitions of "making the best out of our time in this life" eh? To me free time is an important time. And I need it everyday. And I don't use this free time to simply laze around and do nothing but well to just relax, unwind, before I get back to being occupied again. Well actually now I'm not sure what does he mean by "free time". Maybe it's a time where you literally do nothing?

Although well these days, I've been also trying to make my "free time" a more colourful one. Like currently I'm reading up a lot on the teachings of the Buddha. And in some days I draw things, edit some of my photos and so on. Mostly, I just need this free time to be alone. You already know why.

Alright stopping here for now. It was a nice relaxing day today. Pretty glad and happy to go through it :) Wishing everyone an awesome weekend ahead! Take care of yourself too.

No comments: