Saturday 30 May 2015

Skyline

It was a pretty sunny Saturday in Sukabumi today. After days of rain, and hovering clouds. Pretty nice to enjoy such weather today. Besides a sunny day can also mean that my flowers will start blooming! Because thanks to the rain, the amount of flowers blooming has decreased a lot. So... Yes. Thank you weather. I hope you can continue being sunny for the next couple of days! That'd be lovely.

Anyway I was driving around my sunny hometown today with my sister and I kinda realised how much my hometown has changed. New buildings popped out. New shops closed, and new shops opened. Although it was pretty sad too, to find out that one of the shops I used to patronise a lot after school has closed down. Not sure why - but I heard that since the openings of a lot of minimart (we have Alfamart and Indomart here, no 7-11 in my hometown), people like to go there instead of these shops. 

It's quite sad really. Although yes, the openings of these minimarts have helped to improve our convenience. It saves our time because we don't have to make a trip down to the supermarket to get something (say a battery, or a drink etc). And these minimarts are sprawled across the city. Pretty convenient right. But I still do believe in supporting the local business. For me, whichever is most convenient, I'll go to it. Like today, the nearest shop I can find is one of those "traditional" shops. So I'll go there of course. I do hope that the sights of these shops won't disappear forever.

Anyway, it's the end of May now. Time to share the awesome music I discovered this month!

Great Music of May:
- Runaway by Aurora
- Hold My Hand by Jess Glynne
- Nothing Hurts Like This by Slo
- The Brae by Yumi Zouma
- Catastrophe by Yumi Zouma
- Pulang by Float
- Boheme by Deep Forest
- Foolish Hunger by wyd:syd
- Yesterlove by wyd:syd
- 90210 by Blackbear feat G-Easy
- Neon Love by Walla
- The Best of Us by Kid Astray
- Golden by Szymon

Song of the month: Runaway by Aurora

May is another awesome month of music discovery! So many awesome music discovered! Lets start with Aurora. I discovered Aurora from I think... Morrindie Facebook page. Her song "Runaway" was on their page and I clicked on it. Wow, she is such a young talent from Norway and she will definitely make it far! Her EP just got released this month and I'm totally loving it. At such a young age, she has a wonderful voice and her songs are definitely beautifully written. Runaway is my favourite.

I discovered Jess Glynee at V Channel once again hah. Her song "Hold My Hand" was playing and I just love the rhythm and feel-good vibes of this song. As for Slo, I discovered her song from Majestic Casual channel in Youtube. Another beautiful song, but well as the title suggests it's a sad song to be honest. But it's so beautiful, it hurts. Get what I mean?

I discovered Yumi Zouma from Morindie channel as well. Their song "Song for Zoey And Gwen" was on that channel and I love the feel of their songs! I'm not sure if they belong to dream pop or just indie pop. Love the "airiness" and the lightness of their songs. Remind of of a great summer evening after a great summer day. Great songs for roadtrips heh. The Brae is my favourite though! 

wyd:syd is an awesome band from Singapore. One of their videos "Foolish Hunger" was on my suggestion page in Youtube and I clicked on it. I didn't know they're from Singapore until I checked their Facebook page. I discovered the song 90210 from Soundcloud while I was streaming it on my laptop. I love the feel of the song once again. I rarely listen to RnB (if that's considered RnB) but this is exceptionally good. Maybe I should give more RnB a try hah.

I discovered a new Youtube Channel called IndieAir and they shared a lot of awesome Indie songs! Some of them include 101 by Walla and Diver by Kid Astray. Kid Astray is an awesome Indie pop band from Norway. I can't wait for their album to be released (with Diver in it!). Walla is another Indie pop band too. I love their song 101. Such a feel-good song to listen to! As for Golden by Szymon, I discovered this song from Morindie as well. An awesome, subtle Indie pop song.

Discovering music has sort of helped me to "shape" my liking for music. Although to be honest my general rule for music is that it sounds great, I love the feel of the song, and it's best if the song can form an emotional attachment to myself. Lots of people have asked me what kind of music I like to listen to. Well go and listen to Yumi Zouma and Szymon. For Indie music, this is the kind of song I love. But like I said I love a wide range of music. I don't want to limit my liking to a particular genre only. But I totally don't like rap, techno, trap, metal and music that are too loud or "rowdy" hah.

Alright that's all for now! It's the end of May already. Five months have passed us. FIVE Months! Can you believe it. June is going to be an awesome month because... A lot of my favourite artists are releasing their new albums! And Soak is going to release her first! Such an exciting month haha. Alright hope you guys had a Marvelous May! Here's to a Jubilant June people! :)

No comments: