Monday 31 August 2015

Soleil d'août

Can you believe we're only left with 4 more months to the year? Time flies like a boss really. I think 2015 is the "fastest" year that I've ever experienced so far. Well I got busier, and life will technically feel like it flew faster too. It didn't feel like 31 days have passed for August. Well maybe it's because I spent almost a week being out of town and another week being sick. I truly lost track of time.

Talking about time, I wanna share with you a beautiful video which I found about a month ago, it was two weeks before my birthday if I'm not wrong. And this video gives a lot of significance for my birthday last month. The video is taken from The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows by John Koenig. This video is about the word "Zenosyne" which is the sense that time keeps going faster.


This video is so beautiful I feel like crying whenever I watched it. It hits me right in my heart. Every word written, stroke a chord in me. I can't help but to agree with the video. I feel that as every year goes by, time seems to fly faster and faster. And sometimes it scares me a lot.

My favourite line from the video is:

"You get used to living in the moment, because there's nowhere else to go."

This line just stabbed me inside my heart. Well not painfully, but I just went "oh damn this is so right!". I realise that as we all grow up, we have more "places" to go. Actually we seem to only have one place to go - and that's the future. And a place to escape to - and that's the past. But when we were young, we didn't really seem to care about the future. We really have nowhere else to go.

When we were young, the future is a place that doesn't seem to exist. Or at least, it exists vaguely. I think the future is like the principal's office. We know it's there, but we didn't seem to care about it. As we grow a bit older, we realise that the future seems like an awesome place where anything and everything can happen. So we start to direct out lives towards this place. But as we grow older, we then realise that the future is not as beautiful as we imagined it to be. And so, we work really hard to make it a beautiful place. And that's when we start to escape the present.

And then we don't enjoy the present. And in the blink of an eye, we arrive at the future and we regretted not living our past to the fullest. I think it's a vicious cycle. We try really hard to make the future beautiful, but we don't enjoy the present moment. And regret is formed, and the cycle goes on.

I always try to enjoy the present moment to the fullest. So that I won't ever (hopefully) regret the things I did in the past. Living in the moment is rather difficult. But it's not impossible!

Okay it's the end of the month once again. Time to share some of the beautiful music I found!

Great music of August:
- Empire by OMAM
- Human by OMAM
- Garden by SOAK
- Reckless Behaviour by SOAK
- Delilah by Florence + Machine
- How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful by Florence + Machine
- Headlights by Robin Schulz 
- Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
- Wild Feelings by Gold Boot
- Medusa by Szymon
- Runaway by Szymon 

Song of the month: Empire by OMAM

Right as mentioned last month, I have a pile of CDs to listen to in August and I did! Some of the CDs include OMAM, SOAK and Florence + Machine newest albums! Their new albums are great. And the above songs are some of my favourite ones from their albums. I really love Empire by OMAM though. It's such a lovely song. I think it's about a love story between two people that seems impossible to happen. But they both prevail and build an "empire" for the two of them eventually.

Headlights by Robin Schulz is a song that was playing everywhere while I was in Australia. I Soundhound-ed the song and discovered this awesome song! I also Soundhound-ed Fleetwood Mac's Dreams. It is so ironic with the fact that I listened to this song a lot in Gold 90FM while I was in Singapore, but I never know the title of the song! Since it was always played after they go off-air haha. I love Fleetwood Mac. Such a shame I just discovered them recently! And Dreams is definitely my favourite from them. As for Wild Feelings by Gold Boot, I discovered them from IndieAir! It's such a nice summery song. It would be perfect for my trip to Aussieland.

Szymon's Tigersapp album was released on 21st August and I've been waiting for it! I love the whole album really. Definitely one of the best albums ever released in 2015. Although the story behind the album is a sad one, I'm so thankful for his family and everyone involved in the release of Tigersapp, for releasing it to the world. In this way Szymon's legacy will live in the world through his album. I really can't wait for a physical release. I downloaded the album on iTunes, hoping to own a physical copy of it!

Alright that's all for August. I am excited for September because two of my favourite bands are releasing their albums! First one is Oh Wonder's debut album, and the second one is Chvrches' second album. I have pre-ordered both, but well thanks to my location, I'm going to have to wait for it slightly longer cause they'll both be sent from the UK so yes. Pretty long distance to the other end of the world.

But I'm pretty sure both are worth the wait!

Alrighty, that's all from me now. Here's to a superb September, and an awesome remaining 4 months of 2015. Time flies really. I hope you're doing well wherever you are. Take care people! :)

No comments: