Thursday 6 August 2015

WSATCC - Konser Di Cikini

 One of Indonesia's most legendary bands
White Shoes and The Couples Company

Oh my it's been so long since I blogged again. I'm so sorry but I've been falling asleep early these days. I guess my body clock hasn't switched in its original clock hah. So anyway yes a lot of things have been happening. I went to White Shoes and The Couples Company (WSATCC) concert in Cikini! At Graha Bhakti Budaya to be exact. I've been wanting to go to their concert. But never been able to cause... I don't live in Jakarta. They did go to RRREC fest last year but I felt their set was too short. 

Anyway the concert was held yesterday. Left my hometown at 11 AM and reached the venue at 3. I waited for a while to exchange my ticket receipt with the physical ticket, and then headed off to a mall nearby for lunch. It was here when... I dropped my spectacles and broke my right lens into 2! I was a bit shocked but thankfully I can still use it to watch the concert.

The concert was held at 8 PM but I went earlier to see the postcard exhibition and to get some drinks. The door was opened at 7:50 ish I think and I went in and waited for the concert. Okay I can't really describe the concert in words because it was just too beautiful and awesome. They played almost all of their songs, all of my favourite ones! Except for Runaway Song. But it's okay, still awesome!

I just simply love the energy of the band. WSATCC is definitely my favourite band from Indonesia, and they are in my opinion, one of the most legendary bands my country ever has. I love the audience as well. Although I feel most of them were a bit too... Quiet and still hah. 

Maybe I should tell you how I come across this great band.

I am always a late bloomer when it comes to discovering music. Meaning, I will discover great bands years after they are formed and got famous, or after they release their albums. I discovered WSATCC back in 2012, while I was still in Singapore. I was on Youtube when I saw their video for "Senandung Maaf" on my recommended tab. I was wondering why does this band, with an English name, sing an Indonesian song? When I clicked on the video, I just fell in love with them. Instantly!

After doing a bit of research, I eventually found out who they are. They are indeed an Indonesian band, and I was just feeling so proud to be an Indonesian! Because I found out that they have actually toured in Europe, USA and recently they went to Australia and they performed a concert in Mauritius! 

I was determined to get their albums, thinking they are easily available in Indonesia. Of course, alas, I couldn't find their albums! Except for Vakansi which was just recently released. And I got their 3rd album as well where they play Indonesian traditional song.

I have been going for a search for their first album, and their EP "Skenario Masa Muda" since 2013 can you believe it! I discovered that their album is available in Amazon but shipping was crazy, and also Amazon was kind enough not allowing shipment to Indonesia. But then this year I got an idea, where I purchased the CD from Amazon but send it to Vithya in Australia, and get it from her while I was there!

Brilliant idea. Because I now own that legendary first album of WSATCC! Do you know that some people were selling a 2nd hand album during RSD Jakarta at 500k and 700k Rupiah?! That's like 40 and 65 USD-ish respectively. And I got mine from Amazon for a total of 29 USD including shipping! Okay not including my ticket to Australia hahaha but still, you get my point yes.

I find it pretty ironic that this great band, who has toured at different countries around the world, don't get a lot of airtime on the radio, and we can't find their albums here too! Well maybe it is because their first album was released in 2005. That's 10 years ago and of course, it is very difficult to find. I seriously wish I could have discovered them earlier but 10 years ago I was in P5 and I know nothing about music.

Nevertheless it's better late than never right. So yup. I will always be a fan of WSATCC! And I'm glad to have discovered them. I wish they would release a new album soon though because I deeply fell in love with their albums so far, and I'm excited for their new album (if they're releasing one soon!),

Okay that's all from me today. Sharing my love for WSATCC with all of you haha. And also I just realised I haven't blogged about my Aussie trip! I will blog about it soon. Till then, see you! :)

No comments: