Friday 31 July 2015

Sleep

 Australia sneak peak
Great Ocean Road

Can't believe that today is the last day of July already! Time flies isn't it. It feels so funny how 3 years ago I was feeling excited that July is ending, thanks to ITP. But ever since I'm home, I always feel shocked at the rate that time is flying. 211 days of the year just gone by like that!

Anyway I've been wanting to blog about my Aussie trip but seriously, I've been falling asleep pretty "early" this week. I haven't sorted my photos and stuff so... I will blog right away once I'm done! :)

And talking about trip... 365 days ago I embarked on the journey of my lifetime! Yup 31st of July 2014, the day I left home for Iceland. Till now it's definitely one of the craziest things I've done in life. Going to an unknown place, thousands of kilometres away from home, alone. But well, all of this to fulfill the dream I've been holding on to for years. So all good! We have to be crazy sometimes.

Right it's the end of July and let me share with you lots of awesome music I discovered!

Great Music of July:
- White Light by Shura (again!)
- Seve by Tez Cadey 
- Better in The Dark by Say Lou Lou
- The Bright Side by Lenka
- Blue Skies by Lenka
- Nothing At All by Day Wave
- Total Zombie by Day Wave
- Leave A Trace by Chvrches

Song of the month: White Light by Shura

Okay yes I know, Shura released her song White Light in June, but she officially released it in iTunes on July! The radio edit and the extended version. And yes I can't stop playing it. I think it is definitely the best song released so far this year. It's so gooood! Can't wait for her album!

Discovered Seve from this random video on Facebook and after Soundhound-ing it I found the song! Haha. It's a nice catchy tune. And I was listening to it while in Aussie cause it has this nice summer vibe (although I was in winter heh). I discovered Say Lou Lou, once again, from my Youtube's recommended tab. I clicked on that song and I'm pretty hooked by it. I got their debut album when I was in Australia. Quite a pity I just discovered them now but better late than never.

Lenka released her new album in June but well I'm in Indonesia and I only managed to get her album in July hah. I love her new album! Definitely more cheery than her previous'. I feel it's some sort of continuation from her second album "Two". Blue Skies and The Bright Side is my favourite. 

I actually discovered Day Wave a few months back via Soundcloud. I heard his song "Drag" and I fell in love with it. Discovered that he was releasing an EP and well it was released during my birthday haha. Such an awesome EP! He's gonna make it big in the future. I love how colourful his songs are. They remind me of a breezy summer day, where I am taking a road trip across a grassland.

And Chvrches has finally revealed their upcoming album, and released the first single "Leave a Trace". Chvrches just did it again. I love this song so much! And they've been like killing us with suspense from their Instagram and Facebook haha. But I have ordered their album! Can't wait to receive it. It'll be out in September so do check it out okay! :)

Right, I have a pile of CD that I bought from Australia and I have listened to all of them. Gonna share them with you in August! Meanwhile, that's all for July. It's been an awesome month (thanks to the Hari Raya holiday haha) and August is gonna get more Awesome! :) See you soon.

No comments: