Thursday 16 July 2015

Busy Bee

Wow it's been a week since I last blogged here! I was indeed really really busy. I think the last week of Ramadhan is always a busy period for Indonesians? Well for me that is. I had to settle lots of stuff. And also we had two major deliveries on Sunday and Monday. And yeah it was quite hectic. And at night I was trying to finish some work as well. And alas, I don't have time to blog.

But anyway I'm pretty much done with work now. And also today's the last day of Ramadhan and so the factory has began the annual long holiday. And I have no more deliveries till the 27th. It feels good to finally have a proper holiday where I literally did nothing today! A great day to catch some breath I suppose. After feeling like running a marathon continuously for a week hah. 

Can't believe it's the last day of Ramadhan and it feels like it was just yesterday when the holy month began. To my Muslim friends, I hope you had a blissful month of Ramadhan! And time for a feast tomorrow with the celebration of Idul Fitri. Currently the mosques around my house is still going strong with the Takbiran - the sounds I look forward to every year. A bit thankful that the number of firecrackers and fireworks are reduced this year heh. I remember last year it went on from afternoon till night.

Today was a pretty slack day. It's the first of the 6th lunar month so I went to the temple. And my dad went with me too! Along with my sister and her boyfriend. My dad rarely (or never) goes to the temple so today was a pretty much surprising thing to have him with me haha. After that we went to the farm to spend the afternoon and evening. We went home and we had a steamboat session with my siblings and sister-in-law (and future brother-in-law). So weird to have steamboat on the eve of Eid heh.

The rest of the evening went pretty relaxing. As usual every year my dad and I went for a ride at night to see the streets condition. Seeing kids and people beating the bedug. Surprisingly the streets were more crowded than last year (as far as I remember). But it goes quieter as the night goes by. And oh we even went somewhere near the mountain to see fireworks from the top. It was magical! Although the sky was pretty cloudy and my hometown was shrouded in mist. All's good though.

It's an awesome way to spend the eve of Eid. Especially because Eid falls on this date of the year. Which is my birthday hahaha. Special birthday post coming in tomorrow. But yup. It's kind of beautiful to spend my last moments of being 22 watching fireworks from the top, near the mountain. 

Alright once again, I hope you had a blissful month of Ramadhan! :)

No comments: