Friday 17 July 2015

Selamat Hari Raya Idul Fitri 1436H!

First of all wishing all Muslims around the world a happy Eid or Hari Raya Idul Fitri 1436H! Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin! I hope you had a great day with your family and great awesome food haha. I surely had my fair share of food as well. Not forgetting the ketupat! Highlight food of the day.

It is as usual, a very very quiet day in my house and my hometown. Although surprisingly the streets are kind of crowded today. Well I went out with my mum to the supermarket and the temple at 3 PM ish and it was okay, not too crowded. In fact the supermarket parking lot was so empty heh. Then I left for the farm at 5 PM and oh my goodness the roads are crowded with cars. It is definitely more crowded than last year. I remembered going out on first day of Idul Fitri and it was so empty. 

And on our way back, the road was so crowded that the traffic got kind of confusing for us. Okay so we're supposed to make a left turn on this road. But thanks to the car-filled road, it is rather impossible to turn. So I thought that the police closed that road and I had to go straight instead. And somehow lots of cars think that way too and so now there's a long line of car along that road. A trip that is supposed to take 20 minutes to complete, took 50 minutes instead! Man, that's kinda stressful.

But well it is a rather quiet and silent day. And I love it! Cause today I turned 23 and it's so amazing to have my birthday fall on this day. Spending your birthday on a quiet day is really such a bliss heh. Thank you to those who have sent me your birthday wishes! I really appreciate it :)

So today I turned 23. I am feeling... Awesome haha. Can't believe I'm 23 now. Felt like it was yesterday when I turned 15. I am thankful for the past 22. It's been an amazing ride so far, life is beautiful in so many ways. Mysteriously beautiful. I'm still on my quest of finding the answer to the meaning of life. Although I know deeply that I am the only person who gives meaning to my own life. 

Like I said last year, as I grow older, I find birthdays pretty meaningless. Just another day, that's all. When I was young there's this sense of excitement about birthdays. When the clock is about to turn to 12 midnight, there's this rush of happiness and excitement in me. Like yay it's my birthday! But now it's like mehh alright it's my birthday, so what hahaha. Although there's one thing I never stop doing on my birthday - contemplating. About everything that has ever happened, and things that are going to happen, or things you want to make happen in the future. Dreams, aspirations, goals, etc.

Nevertheless I am very thankful of this blissful and quiet birthday of mine this year. If only Hari Raya can fall on this date every year. That would be really really lovely.

Once again Eid Mubarak to all Muslims around the world.

And happy birthday to me.

No comments: