Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

 First beautiful sunset of the year. Taken yesterday!

Alright I'm one day late but anyway, wishing you a happy happy 2016! Another year has left us, and it's time for us to embrace the new year with open arms, love and happiness! I had a pretty quiet and empty New Year's Eve to be honest. There were only my parents, brother, sister and brother-in-law. I kinda miss those days when all of my family would gather together on NYE but no worries!

My sister then left for Thailand with her husband for their honeymoon. So jelly! Haha. And well, I was left alone to usher in the new year. Which I did with 1/3rd bottle of Vodka hahaha. No worries I didn't have a horrible first day of the year like last year. Yes I was quite hungover but not that bad.

So, here comes another new year. Just like 2015, 2016 is another blank canvas for me. I don't have many resolutions (I have a few already) but I do have hopes and visions for this new year. 

This might come as a surprise, but... I have decided to become a vegetarian. Yes I haven't been eating meat since the year kicked off. Like I said a few times here, I've been wanting to become a vegetarian. And I want to die as a vegan. I've been going meatless once a week for the past 6 months and well around November-ish, I have decided that 2016 will be a great start for me to achieve this goal of mine.

I do have my share of doubts and fears that I might fail. But people have been telling me to give myself a few months, and you will never look back. So yes I'm excited! :D Okay I'm going to do another separate post about this decision soon. I hope you can join in my footstep of going meatless once a week to try it for yourself. Or also become a vegetarian like me heh.

So last year I blogged a total of 112 posts. It is a decrease from 2014 but at least I keep my words of blogging at least a hundred posts in the year (unlike in 2013, urgh). So this year I'm hoping to keep my blogging habit up, and hopefully blog more! I have some ideas in store.

I have also decided to go back to writing. Remember my "Draw Something Everyday" project which I was trying to achieve? Well yes I only drew/doodled on 143 pages of the book. The rest of the pages are filled with words words words. So yes, I reckon I should probably just stick to what I love doing - writing. Anyway this was just a personal interest of mine last year. But yes I came to a conclusion that I really can't draw. But hey, I am quite proud of some of my doodles! :P

Yup so far these are some of the resolutions I have for this year. I will come with more goals as the year go by. But I suppose being a vegetarian is the biggest resolution of this year (and my life). And I will make this a reality. Gosh, I shouldn't even have thoughts and fears of failing mmhmm.

Alrighty that's all for now. Once again wishing you an awesome new year ahead! Lets make 2016 the best year of our lives again. Well, it is the best year we're going to have. Only if you make it out to be! 

:)

No comments: