Tuesday 12 January 2016

Secret Trip

What a great way to start my blogging habit by not blogging for the past 10 days! Well sorry for not doing so cause I actually just got back from Singapore last Saturday! Yup I went back to Singapore for a short trip on Thursday till Saturday. Just a short casual trip to meet up with my friends again, and catch up with them. Only this time round, I made it a ninja trip. I didn't tell anyone else, and neither did I post anything about it on my social media. Until last night when I already returned here.

So anyway I flew to Singapore on Thursday afternoon. Checked into my hotel and I met up with Vithya first to grab a late lunch! We're interested to try this vegan restaurant in Central and it is so good. It's great to see her again! Caught up a little bit before we made our way to Holland V to meet Kai and Candy for dinner and drinks. It feels good to be reunited with them again, reminiscing over memories and... Talking about the future. Sometimes it just feels weird to realise that we're all grown ups now.

 Always a good time with them! <3

Dinner was followed by a super impromptu K-session at Cineleisure where we sang our heart out haha. It was Kai's idea but hey it's a great idea actually. I've never K-ed since umm... 2012? :P Nevertheless thank you ladies for the wonderful night! It's great to see all of you and I'll see you around soon!

Met Vithya the next day again for lunch as I was telling her that I need to stock up on my Indian food ingredients. Like lentils, curry powder and spices mwahaha. So we met at Little India to shop at the usual shop her mum gets the ingredients from. We also went to try an Indian vegan/vegetarian restaurant called Gokul and it is so so good! I've been craving for Indian food for months and yup it's a pretty satisfying lunch. I had a biryani and "mutton" mysore, together with my favourite Palak Paneer. Vithya has Mee Rebus and Char Kway Teow. YES. VEGAN ONE! They taste so so good!

 Thanks for the day! :D

After shopping we went to Plaza Sing first to get cake for Vithya's uncle who's having his birthday, and we parted ways at Queenstown as I was meeting up with Jes and Adeline in Clementi! Good to see them again cause we haven't met in like 1 year plus. We waited for Meng Fung at this new juice stall in 321 Clementi. Before having dinner at Saizeriya. Clementi changed a whole lot. So much things have changed after not going there for like a year plus. Singapore is ever changing!

 Here's to 10 years of friendship <3

We decided to have Bingsu (my first one!) for dessert at JEM (or is it West Gate?) and they are so good too! It was such a pleasant evening talking and catching up with them. This year marked the 10th year that we know each other. Back when we were still in sec one, in checkered shirt and short grey pants. And to see where we are now, and how far we've come, man, I'm proud of all of us :')

 Thanks for the great night ladies!

Jes and I were supposed to meet Brenda for a drink in Holland V but we're such spontaneous people that we decided to go to Zouk instead HAHAHA. Oh gosh the last time I went to Zouk was in 2011. And the last time I clubbed was in 2012. It was a pretty interesting and exciting night indeed! We were joined by one of Jes' friend, Sherlene. Drank like 50 sour plum shots (shared by 4) and danced the night away. I'm not a clubbing kind of guy, but I always enjoy dancing the night away haha. Thank you ladies for the exciting night! I love how spontaneous we can get heh.

 Lovely lovely food! (I didn't try the rest tho, since I'm a veggie now :P)

As for my last day, I went to meet Jolene, Sharon, Tacy and Weilun for brunch at Paddy Hills! Such a hidden gem in a kinda-difficult-to-get-to location but the food is so superb. I had a pasta with truffled mushroom and sous-vide egg and it's definitely one of the best spaghetti dishes I ever had. We also had a ricotta-hotcake for dessert (which we use for Jolene's birthday hotcake haha) which is lovely too.

 Thanks for the brunch people

Always enjoy my time with these 4 too! Although it's been 10 years since we know each other, I somehow feel that we didn't really change much. And it's always great to see that. Some of us are working already, while Sharon and Weilun are still studying. Man, 10 years didn't feel like ten.

 Vegetarian abalone, pork and some kailan!
We forgot to take a photo together :O

Ended my trip by having a vegetarian late lunch (and snacks for me) with Saeyeoh! Oh man I haven't seen her in like 2.5 years, since August 2013. It's good to see her again! We had so much to catch-up on and it was a lovely afternoon spent with her. Thank you for the postcards :D And also thank you for accompanying me all the way to Bugis to look for the lamp for the altar haha.

Before heading to the airport, I still had a few shopping errands to make. It was such a rushy evening. I was thinking of taking the train to the airport and I'm like screw it, I took a taxi instead! Yup that was all for my trip to Singapore. Short but sweet trip. Thank you to everyone for the meet-up!

Well it's been a year since my last trip back to Singapore. So much has changed, except for the memories that I shared with my friends and this sunny island. This trip has made me realise how much we have all grown up. At the same time I am thankful for all of these friendships that we have forged. Never in my life did I imagine myself to meet people like all of you. So thank you for that!

Looking at the past ten years, I am proud to see how far we've come, happy to see where we are now, and I am so excited to see what life has in store for all of us in future days. I hope that we can maintain this friendship and meet up whenever we can. Cheers to our years of friendship people!

Yet this trip back on the sunny island, still felt different :)

No comments: