Sunday 10 April 2016

Imperfections

Let me say something first before I begin this post. Alright just giving a head's up, I miiiiiight not be able to achieve my goal of blogging 10 posts a month in this wonderful month of April. You'll find out why soon enough. Hence, I'm trying to blog as much as I can to hit my target! And I'm doing so by doing the blogging prompts that I was talking about back at the beginning of the year. So here goes.

10 April - Imperfection // Imperfections - in things, in people, in places - add characters in life. 
Tell us about an imperfection that you cherish.

To me I find imperfections beautiful. Since young I'm always told how we all live in an imperfect world, and that there's nothing perfect in this world. As I grow up, I learned to rephrase this saying. I believe that we live in a perfectly imperfect world. The imperfections in this world are the things that make this world, this life a beautiful beautiful place. Life wouldn't be fun without them either :P

Okay I'm not sure about the "imperfection" in this context, in this question. Is it an imperfection that I have? Or is it any imperfection in general? Let's talk about both! 

One imperfection that I cherish in life is impermanence. The fact that nothing is permanent in this world. It has become my motto - that impermanence keeps me going! Woo woo. I think impermanence is an important aspect in this life. It taught us to give everything that we can, because we won't live forever. And it also taught us about hope, how we shouldn't lose them in times of despair because tough moments won't last. Only tough people do! Can you imagine if some things are permanent?

I used to think that some things are permanent in life. Like... Memories, friendship and so on. Well it really depends on how you see it. Memories are permanent so long we're still in this world. Once we die, we'll be forgotten, and so will our tales. Unless we save the world and we'll be remembered by generations to come heh. Friendship is also quite tricky. I regard some of my friendships as still "going on". Although we rarely talk and so on. But the fact that we always click when we talk, I still regard this friendship as something that is still "going on" in life. So yes, still can be considered as permanent.

Well, I think once you have accepted impermanence in life, you can go anywhere in life. With courage, with bravery, happiness and serendipity. This is why I am so amazed by the Buddha's principle of existence, which its first one is impermanence. Now I kinda fully understand the meaning behind it.

As for an imperfection that I have... Hmm I'm not sure. I am an amazing person, and I have no imperfections. I am fabulous baby *snap snap snap*. Okay just kidding hahaha. I would say an imperfection that I cherish is my "poor" sense of fashion. Let me be honest with you. I've been wearing the same clothes that I wore since my poly days! I'm serious haha. So some of them are 3 to 5 years' old. And the only time I will shop for clothes is when I'm overseas/in a concert/Chinese New Year.

My dad once said if everyone on earth is like my dad and I, we'll only need about 100 clothing factories around the world. Like maybe 2 - 3 clothing factories per country or something. I don't know why but ever since I graduated from secondary school, I really lose interest in "getting new things". Be it clothes, stationery and so on. This is why my pencil case remains the same from sec 3 - poly year 3, I use the same bag for poly, the only time I got a new bag was in year 2 because I broke my old bag.

I can still remember how during ITP, my boss actually asked if I needed new clothes because he realised that I've been wearing the same clothes for the same day every week haha. He was like "Do you want some polo tee? I have some SP polo tee given by SP and if you need it just come and look for me okay". I was just trying to contain my laughter so hard inside. Then I decided to buy a few more clothes and rotate my clothes like once in a while. But well, for the duration of ITP, I only have 9 shirts!

So yeah, these are some imperfections that I cherish. Well yes I do agree that there are some imperfections that we shouldn't cherish in life. They are imperfections that would cause harm to others and yourself. So don't worry about your imperfections. They can be beautiful sometimes :)

Have a great week ahead people!

No comments: