Tuesday 12 April 2016

Karma And His Friends

Something really interesting and funny happened tonight. It's so so... Weirdly amazing hah.

So I was taking a walk with my dad and brother in law along this path when I actually almost stepped onto a snake. A venomous snake! It was a braided krait, you can Google it. So yes, I almost stepped on it. Like the snake was literally below the sole of my right feet as I was about to take a step on the ground while walking. If my brother in law didn't warn me, I'll step on it right away.

My brother in law warned me so thankfully, I leaped in front with my left leg and I was further away from the snake. The snake then slithered away to another place.

Okay here's the interesting part. As some of you might know, I am a "slipper" kind of person. I love slippers, and I wear them like everytime, and everywhere. I rarely wear shoes, only wearing them for formal events, concerts or when I travel. However just now, right before I left home to go for this walk, I just suddenly told myself to try using this new shoes that I just bought. Like out of nowhere, with no plans and anything, I just changed to my new shoes and left home. It's just a sudden wish.

So can you imagine if I actually didn't wear shoes and wore my slippers instead? If I really stepped onto the snake :O And another interesting thing was that I decided to change my short pants to long pants. Same, no plans and anything, I just have this thought of wearing long pants for the night.

It's so amazingly bizarre to be honest. All of these only came to me after I reached home from the walk. It dawned upon me how and what if I actually didn't wear the shoes and long pants, and what if I really stepped onto the snake! Well it may and may not bite me. But the what ifs are there.

Just thankful for all of these chain of events. I hope this is part of a good karma that I cultivated for becoming a vegetarian haha. The snake was really cute though. It was small, about 40cm long, but it has black and yellow stripes. I did a search at home and it turned out to be venomous, yikes!

Well, just do good things, and good things will come to you. Be kind to one another, animals, human beings, and other things around you heh. Karma and all his friends are around us.

No comments: