Friday 11 November 2016

Speechless

Okay I'm two days late to write about this but yep, the US election is over now and... I am very surprised and shocked with the outcome. I'm not a political guy, I don't know much about the Us politics, but the outcome wasn't something I hoped for, but it was something I expected heh.

I really hoped that Clinton won. I mean, seriously, the whole election campaign explains why. 

I am now just very worried about Muslims, immigrants, LGBTQ community, women of the US. And of course, the environment. Okay I've been reading articles and news about how Trump will no be doing whatever he said during his campaign. I am just hoping whatever he said was some form of trash talking. Which is still kinda ridiculous even if they are thrash talks heh.

But whatever the case is, this is democracy. The people have voted what kind of leader they want for their country. The same is happening everywhere, there will be a group of people that will be against the president-elect. Same goes with my country back in 2014. It was a divisive period for us.

I'm not defending Trump. But I'm just hoping maybe he is the change that the US needs. Maybe he will make America great again. Nobody knows, we haven't given him the chance to do so. At the same time I'm wondering if he does make America great again, at what expense though?

Whatever the case is, people are worried, people are assaulted and so on and forth. At the end of the day, love trumps hate. No matter who the leader is, everyone has a part to spread compassion and kindness to everyone to make this world a better place. Like Gandhi said, be the change you want to see in this world. And this is in our hands, not our president's hands.

Things will get very interesting for America and the world. I just hope that there won't be any negative impacts on everyone. All the best to all of us at this moment.

No comments: