Friday 30 November 2018

Don't Look Back

Whew, it's been such a hectic last week of November. Taking some time off to talk about the great music of November! Before continuing to do work of course. Hahaha. Alright here goes!

Great Music of November
- Line by Line EP by PREP
- Birthplace by Novo Amor (album)
- Play by Jax Jones (Featuring Years and Years)
- Foreign Hands by George Ogilvie

Song of the month: Line by Line by PREP

Alright there isn't many music I discovered in November actually. But I was really excited when PREP announced the release of their 3rd EP (and second one for the year), which was released on 9th November! Few days before their gig in Jakarta haha. Well they did say on their Instagram that new music was on the way, I wasn't expecting an EP so yes, what a lovely surprise indeed!

Well like I said in my previous post, there isn't a single song that I dislike from PREP, and their 3rd EP is no exception. It's such an awesome and another feel good EP as usual. I would say it's kind of a marriage between their first two EP? But then again, every PREP song is unique on its own. And so far I can't really pin-point their music. Like when I recommend them to my friends, and they asked back with "what does their music sound like?" I would say I don't know man, PREP sounds like PREP hah!

Novo Amor released his debut album Birthplace back in October actually. I just discovered this back in early November heh. I think it's such an incredible debut album from him! I like how the tracks seem to flow one by one throughout the whole album. And gosh I love his voice haha. I remember discovering him through his song Anchor last year I think, when it appeared on my recommended tab on YouTube. Been looking forward to more music from him, and this album doesn't disappoint!

Jax Jones released his song featuring Y&Y a few days ago and it's such a great tune! Love how the visuals of him and Olly dancing together really fits the song well I guess haha.

And one of the new singers I discovered this month is George Ogilvie! My Spotify radio was playing when his song "Foreign Hands" played. I love his voice and also the lyrics of this song! Clicked on his profile to listen to more of his music and damn, I instantly become his new fan haha. Another song that I like from him is Surveillance. Looking forward to more music from him.

Right that's all for this month's great music! We have one more month to this year and hmm come to think of it I don't really have new music to look forward to in December heh. Well usually I just listen to the songs that accompanied me throughout the year, and to also reflect on the music of 2018. I'd say 2018 is a fantastic year for music whoop! Lots of surprise releases and also discovered quite a few new artists/bands. Stay tuned for my great music of 2018 post next month!

Alright, it's been quite a hectic last week of November, and I still got a few exciting days ahead of me. Stay with me, universe. Lets push through everything to a beautiful fruition. I hope you had a great November! Let us all end this year beautifully shall we :) See you soon! 

No comments: