Friday 8 February 2019

Under The Weather

Today was a sick day for me. Spent the day at home nursing some weird gastric that I'm having. It was more like a stomach cramp? It's weird cause I was feeling okay after breakfast etc. Went to the office, wanted to poop so I went back home and after that the cramp started happening. My mum has this condition too, and we feel better if we bend our body forward, like a baby's cradle position.

Usually I'll just have to wait until I burped/farted to let the gas out of my gastrointestinal track but not sure why I couldn't do either heh. And the cramp goes on and off. So I decided to just lay on my bed waiting for the cramp to stop. And then... It didn't! Argghh. So I just laid on my bed till the evening.

Also I might be having anaemia :O The past 3 days I've been feeling really dizzy and just light headed. I thought I was having the usual masuk angin cause I didn't have enough sleep during CNY, and that I was out and about (even walked in the rain) on Wednesday. In fact on Wednesday night I felt like I was about to faint! So I was doing work with my dad when he asked me a question. Suddenly his voice felt very distant and it felt like the table was shaking in my vision. Kinda terrifying!

Well I experienced fainting twice actually and it felt exactly the same. The surrounding sound getting distant and the ground feels like moving. I quickly put my head down and closed my eyes and everything felt very empty. Quite a terrifying experience but thankfully nothing serious happened.

I'm going to get my blood checked on Monday. Not sure why because my died didn't change except for me taking part in veganuary. But it's not a drastic change either. It might be because of green tea... I've been drinking green tea the past month now (trying to finish my tea stock, cause it was bought by my mum). And I did read that green tea actually makes it more difficult for iron, especially non-heme iron (aka iron from plants) to be absorbed by the body. So currently adding lemon to my tea! It helps.

Alright I hope I'll feel better soon. I hate this recurring dizziness that can occur in random times of the day. If not I'll just take iron supplements I guess haha. I've got a couple of blog posts to write so I will see you soon tomorrow! Finally feeling more free now that CNY is over heh. See ya.

No comments: