Wednesday 6 February 2019

Happy Chinese New Year of The Pig!

Happy CNY from the uncles and aunties of Baros United!

Hello! I'm a day late but anyway, wishing you a happy Chinese New Year! May you have a happy, prosperous and smooth-sailing year of the pig! And may this year be a better year for all of us. I had a great time gathering with my family on Monday-Tuesday and it is definitely something that I always look forward to each year! Had great food and great time reuniting with my family again.

As usual we had the CNY Eve prayers on Monday. We don't have a reunion dinner but more of like a reunion lunch haha since we're done with the prayers in the afternoon. Also because my aunt passed away last year, and it hasn't been a year, according to tradition, we have to do a separate prayers for her first. After that we do the usual prayers for my grandparents and ancestors.

Home is where the good food is

It was a bright and sunny CNY eve! Thankfully we had nice weather. I then went to the temple with my aunts in the evening. And we went for dinner. I then knocked out for 2 great hours because on the previous night, I only slept for 3 hours! I woke up early to cook some food for the prayers. And also I made some vegan meatball soup from Dharma Kitchen. And everyone loved it! They even asked me if this is vegetarian because... They smell really meaty. Dharma Kitchen you win!

After sleeping for a while, I went back to my grandma house and just chatted with my cousins. Also Mel just got back from her honeymoon and thankfully she's able to join us with her husband! So we were sharing about her honeymoon experience mwahaha. Then followed by the midnight prayers and the usual angpao-exchange mwahaha. It was a great CNY eve indeed. Glad to see everyone :)

CNY day one was alright too. Thankfully we don't have a lot of guests (#antisocial), but glad to see some people who always come to visit us during CNY :) Although I'm also quite sad because I lost a few people who were close to our family so... It felt a bit weird knowing that they didn't visit us this year. But well I guess that's what life is. All of us have to go through this I guess. Like how we didn't go to my grandma house. Cause she's no longer here with us :(

And yup that's all for CNY I guess. It was a great time with my family again. But as usual it also made me feel really old. Cause one by one my cousins are getting married. The next cousin to me is getting married this year which means I'm next in line. Oh dear! Hahaha. But nahh I will gladly let my younger cousins jump over me lol. Life isn't a race anyway so yep. 

Alright that's all for now! I will talk to you again soon :) Happy CNY once again!

No comments: