Saturday 23 February 2019

Veganuary

Okay I know this is like end of February already but so so sorry, I forgot to blog about this! Hahaha. Well I was quite busy towards the end of January, followed by CNY in early Feb and I just seriously forgot about this haha. But yes, I did Veganuary this year! I've been wanting to do this but not sure why I didn't do it the past 2 years. Even though I've been a vegetarian since three hah.

Anyway I thought it was just a fun thing to do, and also something that hopefully drives my transition to become a vegan. But errr I ended up going back to becoming a vegetarian, more on that later! So yes basically Veganuary is a worldwide event where you go vegan for the whole month of January! They have an official website and if you sign up for newsletter they will send you an email everyday about nutritions and other information. I learned quite a few things from them!

Well I think Veganuary is a great platform to introduce veganism to people. Since many people are wary about going vegan, having a worldwide event where people do it together can make it less daunting! There's even a survey that shows a lot of people (I forgot the percentage, I think it's like 20% or higher) actually stayed vegan after Veganuary! I was one of them, for 4 days haha.

As a 3-year vegetarian, doing Veganuary is relatively easy for me. I'm actually mostly vegan, because I have ditched dairy for a few months last year. And actually being vegan is quite simple too! Just make sure you do some research to make sure you're not nutrient deficient. Though to be honest it's hard to go nutrient deficient in a vegan diet. Most vegetables are able to give us what we need to function healthily as a human being! Maybe not Vitamin B12, but supplements are available.

So how did I feel after veganuary? Nothing HAHAHA. But like I said that's the whole point of veganism for me. That we can all be normal, healthy human beings without meat consumption! But one of the major effects that I get is that my face cleared up. No acne, no pimples! Dairy is definitely the culprit for me so taking no dairy will have a huge benefit for my face and my skin.

And actually I also did a blood test at the beginning of February and the result is superb! Everything is normal. In fact my LDL cholesterol is like almost below normal haha. Triglyceride and total cholesterol level are low too so I'm good. I was also curious about my iron level and they're normal! Also did a B12 level test and same, it's normal. But this is probably because I take supplements everyday. But hey B12 is an important vitamin and all of us should make sure we get enough.

Fun fact: there's a study done that predicts that 39% of the general population (regardless of diet) are actually B12 deficient. And B12 is formed by bacteria in soil/untreated water. Not in meat heh.

And now as for why I'm back to vegetarian. So as you know CNY was on the 6th of February and there's so many food. Some food were given by other people for me. Like cakes, biscuits etc. And personally I don't like to waste food, so I just ate them haha. But yes I'm sticking with my vow of not eating meat. I'm probably going back to a vegan diet again soon. And I'm thinking of doing WFPB diet! AKA Whole Food Plant Based diet. Read a lot of people saying how beneficial it is to them.

Alright that's all from me on this forgotten post haha. I will see you soon. Damn, 5 more days to the end of Feb. Alright, not gonna complain how fast time is flying again haha. See ya.

No comments: