Thursday 18 April 2019

Exhausting Election

So yesterday was the 2019 election day for Indonesia, and I am so so happy that it's over. Because I swear it's been such an exhausting election season! With the many attacks, defenses, hoaxes and whatever shit that has filled Indonesia in these months. It's very tiring. I mean why can't we all be open to having conversations about politics instead of just attacking left and right. It's absurd.

People are divided, marginilised, pushed to one side during this period and it's crazy!

I went to vote in the afternoon and as usual I'm just hoping for the best for Indonesia. At the end of the day, it is my country who votes for the next president - not me. I am part of Indonesia. You know during this period, I never talked to anyone about the election. About my choices and so on. Because I realised most people are just kind of looking for "similar supporters". So when they find out that you vote for a candidate that is different from them, they will just "attack" you.

And the most absurd thing is, they believe in hoaxes, or even information that may not be true.

So yeah. I'm glad the election is over. Now we just wait for the official results.

No comments: