Saturday 25 January 2020

Happy Chinese New Year of The Rat!

Happy Chinese New Year of The Rat from the uncles and aunties of Baros United!

Hello hello, first of all just wanna wish you a Happy Chinese New Year of the rat! May you have a wonderful and prosperous year, 祝大家鼠新年快乐!希望大家身体健康,万事如意,心想事成!

Also may everyone has a -perb year ahead mwahaha.

It's been a rainy first day of the rat year. I had the usual family reunion yesterday with my aunts, uncle and cousins. And this time round, my nephews and nieces haha. Had the usual reunion lunch and then followed by some beer-session at night with my cousins and uncle. Did the CNY eve prayer and then the angpao-exchange haha. I just realised I'm no longer behind my cousin for receiving angpao, cause he's now married! So I'm next in line according to age. Oh dear.

Today was a pretty rainy day. Had some relatives and guests over to our house as usual. 

I think as I grow older, I just enjoy the simplicity of gatherings more. It's not the glitz and glams of festivities that I look forward to in each celebration. But the simplicity of just being around my family, the chatter of people talking, the discussion with my cousins and relatives. Because I think the presence of family is much more grandeur than the celebration itself. As I grow older that is.

Being an Asian who still upholds traditions has it perks too. To me Asian celebration and fesitivites are great times for family to gather together. If it's not for these celebrations, we wouldn't probably gather together eh? Unless there's special occasion like weddings, births of babies and... Funerals.

Alright I guess that's all from me for now. It's a Saturday night and I wanna chill a bit! See you soon.

No comments: