Monday 22 February 2021

El Invento

 

I'm currently hooked on this new song by Jose Gonzales. It's titled El Invento (The Invention) and I think it's such a beautiful song. Also Jose singing in Spanish really suits his voice. The lyrics of this song is truly something else too! So touching, and it's definitely added in my "songs that make you cry" list. Welcome back Jose! Somehow 2021 feels a tad better with your return haha.

Here's the lyric to the song and the translation too.

El Invento                                             The Invention

Y por agradecer                                    And for thanking
Lo extraño de simplemente ser            The strangeness of simply being
Un alma curiosa singular                      A curious singular soul
Compleja en su calma y tempestad     Complex in its calmness and its storm

Dime por qué será                                Tell me why is it so
Dime por dónde vas                             Tell me where you're going
Dime                                                     Tell me

Y en el amanecer                                 And at dawn
Cuando todo va cambiando de color   When everything changes colour
Y vemos aparecer un mundo               And we see appear a world
Lleno de belleza y de dolor                  Full of beauty and pain

Dime por qué será                               Tell me why is it so
Dime por dónde vas                             Tell me where you're going
Dime de dónde somos                         Tell me where we're from
Dime                                                     Tell me
Y dime por qué será                             Tell me why is it so
Dime en dónde estamos                      Tell me where you're going
Y dime por qué                                     And tell me why

Y por pertenecer                                  And for belonging
A la gente del libro                               To the people of the book
Pretendiendo entender                        Pretending to know
Los enigmas del universo                   The enigmas of the universe

No comments: