Sunday 7 February 2021

Letting Go Is True Wealth (II)

Right, continuing from my previous post, this is why I share the same sentiment with the video!

I think I've talked about this before in a previous post. But yes as I grow older, growing materialistically has never been a goal of mine. I'm not interested to be rich. Or to own big houses, expensive cars and so on. Also ever since I decided to become a minimalist back in 2017, and I think I'm quite successful in doing this cause in my yearly spring cleaning, my room doesn't seem to have new things inside. Except for one thing: my vinyl records haha. I still collect them so yeah they're growing in number.

I think the older I get, the more I understand the value of things. Like I don't really want to grow materialistically to be honest. Instead of wanting big houses, I want a small sized one that is enough to function well, and enough for me to live comfortably in. To sum things up - I want to be enough. Be it in the materials I posses and also the person I want to become. I find pointless reasons to why I should own many things and big things and so on, when I can be happy with less.

As the Dhammapada said, the greatest wealth is contentment. This to me is one of the biggest takeaway and realisation in life. Because as I have reckoned, nobody has ever felt enough in the lives. Okay or should I say very very very little people feel like they are enough, and/or they have enough. But humans, in most cases, are greedy bastards who never feel like they have enough haha.

I am no longer enticed in this capitalist world we're living in. Where the media seems to endlessly tell us that we don't have enough. Every month we have an offer made by online shopping giants, sort of encouraging us to buy more and more things. But do we really need them? Or are we just falling into a trap of this insufficiency that we're made to feel? When can we realise that we have enough.

I'm not saying that we should just let go of everything that we have to be happy. Perhaps we need to let go of this desire and baseless fear that we can never be/have enough. To be content with who we are and to just spend money on things that are really necessary, for our survival and life. Well once in a while it's fine to pamper ourselves. But don't do it on a daily basis eh.

Alright that's all from me now. All in all, yep. Letting go is perhaps true wealth.

No comments: