Sunday 21 February 2021

I'm Here (II)

Continuing from my previous post!

Recently I've been thinking about finding this "middle ground" in life. For example as it goes in my previous post, how I feel like somedays life feels like a struggle between telling yourself that you're here for a reason, and there's no reason for you to be here. As a human being who's caught in the never ending search for the meaning of life, I've always been intrigued with this question. 

Like why are we here? Or is there no reason for me to be here? But then again I tell myself, perhaps we don't need to find a reason to be here. And neither do we need life to give us a reason to be here. Perhaps, I just need to tell myself "I'm Here". That is all. 

And recently last week, there were so many things happening at the same time that I ask myself why are things all happening at the wrong timing? But then again I ask myself, what if they are all happening at the right timing. We just don't know yet. There's a recent video from Einzelganger about when things are falling apart, they're actually falling into place (I'll write another post about this!). And then I wonder if things are truly falling into place for me, despite them being so chaotic.

Then... I tell myself again. Perhaps I just need to tell myself that "Things happen". Regardless whether they are happening at the wrong time, right time or not. But they happen. And I also realise most of these things are beyond my control. It's not that I make these things happen too me.

After all these questions, I am suddenly remembered one of my favourite quotes from Rumi. 

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there"

This question of mine is answered somewhat by this quote. This "field" that Rumi is talking about probably talks about this middle ground I'm looking for. Between existing for a reason and having no reason to be here, between telling yourself things are happening at the right timing or wrong timing, and so on and forth, there is a field that signifies all of this. And we ought to be there. You know.

So yeah perhaps we should see things in a broader perspective. Not just one, especially one that is created by our mind, even though we don't know its truth or significance yet. Or most importantly we should see things happening as they are. And then learn what we can take from these things.

Perhaps this is the beautiful struggle people are talking about in life?

No comments: