Sunday 19 June 2022

Pandemic Travel

No talking

Just two years ago, the world went to a halt with the COVID-19 Pandemic. Travel came to a stop. Airports were empty and the idea of traveling again seems like a distant dream. Personally I don't know when I get to travel again. And to be honest, 2.5 years was way out of my planned timing haha. I mean I thought we all get to travel again in like end 2020 or at least mid 2021. But life has other plans I guess.

Nevertheless I'm very happy that I finally get to fly on a plane and travel again. Although like mentioned before, I don't really consider going back to Singapore as "traveling". More like "going back home and reuniting with my friends haha. But well I have to say traveling feels very different now. I guess we're still in a pandemic so... It does feel different from normal. Here are some of my thoughts!

The most obvious one is masks. It's just kinda weird to see everyone wearing masks in airports and on the plane. But of course I'm happy that everyone in the plane is following the rules and are donning their masks. And you know what, I think I'm going to continue wearing masks on the plane when traveling even though the pandemic is over. If you think about it don't you think it's rather eww that 200+ people are inside a metal tube flying in the air, and everyone is free to cough and sneeze out haha.

When I was in Singapore most people are also wearing masks, except when outside. Since Singapore allows not wearing one when outdoor. But most people are still donning their masks outside too. And it's quite weird to see signs on the bus and trains about not talking or speaking loudly haha. Also yes seeing everyone wearing masks on the train/bus is something I've never experienced before!

On my way to Singapore I didn't order any food on the plane. To be honest I was just quite scared of taking of my mask when eating. But I did eat on my way back home (I flew with Garuda home). See that's the thing about pandemic travel; I feel like I'm just constantly living in fear hahaha. Although I tell myself I'm boosted, and even got COVID twice. I still have that fear in me hah.

Also the night before my trip I was just feeling super anxious. With the extra steps and documents that I have to prepare before the trip, I was just feeling very restless before the trip. Like what if something went wrong, what if there's something wrong with my document, or even what if I got deported from Singapore (omg my imagination last warning hahaha). Traveling is just so different now.

Well but all in all I'm very happy that I have a smooth trip back to Singapore. I think traveling is bouncing back again and I'm happy to see that. I hope that this is a start to me traveling days again mwahaha. But not sure if I can do this since I'm just so damn mad busy now. Alright that's all for now. Here's to more travel in the future! Whoop whoop.

No comments: