Saturday 11 June 2022

SG Trip May 2022

After 2.5 years

Right finally I have something worthy to blog about! Haha. Oh man if this means I will only blog when I have some major events going on, then my blog is probably going to be very very inactive hah. But anyway yes lets talk about my long awaited return trip to Singapore! Gosh it's been 2.5 years.

So I went to Singapore on the 27th of May till the 29th. Yes it's a terribly short trip but it's the only time I have as end of the month is a pretty busy time for me. Actually one of the main reasons for me returning is because Vithya is in town too! It's a great chance for me to meet her and the others too. And she was leaving a week later so I suppose it's really a great timing for all of us.

I left for Singapore on 27th Morning, taking a Scoot flight. Reached Singapore at about 1 PM I think. I feel a bit sad cause I got myself a SIM card but somehow it wasn't working. It's annoying cause I actually paid for it already! $38 eeep. But oh well, the staff at the counter asked me to go to a Singtel shop to ask but I ended up not doing it. I used a roaming package from Telkomsel instead. 

I reached the hotel at about 2:30 PM and took a short nap as I hadn't slept the night before. I woke up at about 4:30 PM and left for Plaza Sing to finally meet Vithya! Man it's so good to see her again after so long. Anyway there's a series of unfortunate events happening. I think I'll save it for another post. Anyway thanks Vithya for accompanying me to shop for some stuff! Then we headed to Little India.


And we met Kai there! My goodness it's almost 3 years since I last saw her so it's great to see her again too! We had dinner at Gokul restaurant which is an awesome Indian vegetarian restaurant. Anyway will post about food on a separate post! After dinner we headed to our usual hangout place - Holland V. It has changed so much since I last went there. The three of us had drinks at Harry's. 

That was all for day one. It's so good to see Vithya and Kai again. I'm just really reminded how much we have grown up. But in my heart... I feel like we're still those poly kids from 2010s hah.

Day two began with brunch with Candy and Vivian! It's so great to see them both again too after 2.5 and.... 5 years? It was a lovely brunch at Green Commons at Vivo. We had a great conversation but man, signs we're adults: We talk about healthcare, housing and so on over brunch! Hahaha. Man it's so surreal that we're legit adults now I guess :P But it's a lovely Saturday brunch with the two of them! Hopefully we can meet with the rest of the GTs in the future.

After that I headed over to City Hall to meet Brenda at Chjimes. It's a lovely matcha cafe called Hvala which is recommended by Brenda. I'm so happy to finally meet her again after almost 3 years too! The last time we met was Jes' Wedding I think. As usual we discuss a lot about music and travel. Hope we can go for a gig together again soon :D After that I went to Raffles City to meet Syazwani and Yinzhi. We were rather full as we all had meals before this so we decided to go to Muji Cafe.

It's a great catch up with the two of them. Talking a lot about our Poly days and also about the future haha. I'm glad everyone is doing great and we are still catching up after all these years. Also thanks Syaz and Brenda for the snacks you bought me! <3

I went back to my hotel first before heading out again to meet Adeline and Jeslyn for dinner as I forgot to bring something. Okay I didn't expect to have a jam on my way from Dhoby Ghaut to Taka. Such a short distance but wow it almost took me like 30 minutes hah. I ended up dropping at Taka to walk to ION where we're meeting. Sorry and thank you for waiting for me ladies!

We last met in January 2020 before the pandemic and it feels so good to finally reunite again! Crazy how we've been meeting since 2006 haha, 16 years gosh. Anyway we had dinner at Violet Oon, thank you for sharing a vegan dinner with me! It's also a restaurant I've been wanting to try. Next we head over to Forum for Kind Kones. Had a lovely chat with the two of them over dinner and Ice Cream. You have no idea how happy I am to see you both again! :')

After Ice cream we all make our way home. Jeslyn accompanied me to Donki as I was looking for some stuff to bring home. Thanks for pei-ing me! And yup that's all for day 2.

My last day was quite a short day but once again, I have forgotten how crowded Singapore can be in the weekend. I went to Vivo again to meet Saeyeoh for brunch. I wanted to try Thunder Tree Rice (Lei Cha Fan)! We wanted to go to the branch in Chinatown but it was closed on Sunday. So we went to the one in Vivo. It's a lovely vegan brunch with Saeyeoh again! Gosh yeah I think we haven't met in almost 3 years again too. Have a lovely conversation about veganism and yoga <3

Right after Vivo I'm supposed to meet Jolene, Sharon, Tacy and Sem at Millenia walk. This is when chaos happened haha. Firstly I was taking a cab and there was no cab at all at Vivo Taxi stand for like 20 minutes. I ended up being late eeep. Sorry guys! But yeah I made it in the end. We have a lovely meal at Elemens in Millenia Walk. Thanks for the recommendation Sharon! It was a lovely meal and a lovely chat reminiscing our good times in Tanglin. And once again, I'm reminded by how much we've grown up now eeep. Most of my friends are married now! Haha. It feels like yesterday when we're still wearing our grey pants and checkered skirts. 

After that we parted ways and I went back to my hotel to do some last minute packing before heading over to Changi. My goodness it's too short of a trip, I know. But to everyone whom I've met over this weekend - thank you for making my heart full after these 2.5 years! :')

The drive to Changi. I'll always feel sad passing the ECP highway. Back in those days I'd feel happy because it means I'm going back home/going somewhere else. But now it feels different heh.

No comments: