Saturday 12 November 2022

Joyland Festival Day 3

Minggu yang indah bersama White Shoes and The Couples Company!

Alright moving on to day 3! Last day of the festival, also the day that happened so quick.

The festival begins with me reuniting once again with White Shoes and The Couples Company! Finally catching them live again after.... 7 Years. Yup, I last saw them in 2015 during their concert at Cikini. I always love watching them perform. They're a joy to watch, and this time round I finally get to experience their new album "2020" live! Well part of it. But still lovely. Hari Minggu yang indah bersama White Shoes and The Couples Company!

Next up is Phum Viphurit. I had a long gap between WSATCC and PV, so I went to see a few bands in between. There's The Panturas who's super good live omg I love their energy haha. I also went to see Isyana Sarasvati but the stage ground was full! I just caught her on the side heh.

Hello Phum!

Phum Viphurit is someone I've been wanting to see live for years. Ever since I discovered him in 2015 basically. He did tour in 2019 I think but I had something on that day and I couldn't make it. Bummer! But no worries I finally caught him live now and he's amazing :') He sounds so damn good live. And there's this... I don't know how to say. Friendly aura that he's emitting when he's performing. Like I feel so "light" and cheerful when I saw him live haha. 

Also damn, when he played "Hello Anxiety" and everyone was singing and dancing to the chorus, I thought it was one of the best moments of the festival. It feels so cathartic. To see everyone around you singing and dancing to "Heaven knows we're lost, the sun still shines, so we'll be fine".

So good to see PREP again :')

And last but definitely not least, it's time for PREP! They're the band I look forward the most to in the festival haha cause I've been wanting to hear their new music live! And boy it's so worth the wait. After 2 online concerts and many vinyl spins later, here I am watching them live. I've been seeing their posts during their US and Korea tour earlier this year wondering when it'll be my turn. And yup, it's my turn mwahaha. And it's so good to finally see them again after 2.5 years!

PREP was the last gig I went to before the pandemic hit. Then COVID came, and we're in isolation, and they released their debut self-titled album back in October 2020. Their song "Years Don't Lie" has been accompanying me throughout these 2 years. The lyrics "All those hidden hopes and horoscopes putting us right here tonight" is so blissfully comforting somehow. In those days where life just confuses the hell out of you hah. So thank you PREP for coming to Jakarta. So great to see y'all again! 

Okay so, PREP wasn't the last band I wanted to see. I wanted to catch Hindia, also another band I've been wanting to see live. But.... Being a responsible adult means I had to sacrifice hahaha. I still have work to do and Monday is ahead of me. I decided to call it a night. Also fun fact, I went back home with my flower delivery van hahaha. We had delivery on Sunday as usual and I hitched the ride home.

Alright that's all for Joyland Festival 2022! It was probably the best weekend I had in a long long time. Since my trip to Singapore back in May heh. It feels so good to return to the music scene again. Although like I said in my previous post, I do realise that my life is no longer the same as before. 

But still, my heart is beaming with gratitude. 

Thank you and congratulations Joyland Festival for the fantastic and amazing music festival! I definitely look forward to your next one in 2023. I'm going to write another post about the festival so wait for that. Okay folks, that's all for now. till the next music festival!

No comments: