Saturday 19 November 2022

Joyland Fest Part 2

Okay so this is a continuation of my post regarding my experience at Joyland Festival in Jakarta!

I think this is one of the best, or probably the best music festival I went to and this is for the following reasons:

#1 Plenty of Open Spaces
There are a lot of open spaces in the festival grounds and it feels very open and "free" to walk and roam around the ground. And I'm not sure if it's due to the pandemic but I realise people are also keeping distance in the audience crowd. Okay not exactly 1 metre apart but I just feel I have more space in between the crowds, as compared to previous music festivals heh. So kudos Joyland team!

#2 Designated Smoking Area
I have nothing against smokers and I'm super used to cigarette smoke. But it's really nice to have a a designated smoking area and the air around the festival grounds feel much cleaner heh. Although I think by day 3, people just break the rule and smoke in the audience crowd hah. No biggies though.

#3 Free Water Refill!
To me this is the most brilliant idea - free water refill! They encourage us to bring our own bottles and they provide water refill stations, which the crew diligently fill every time it's empty. Say goodbye to expensive water and also plastic waste. I just brought my own bottle and refill them.

These are the reasons why I love this music festival! Hah. Well some of the downsides are... There's not much covered spaces. So when it rained, everyone was scrambling to find any available covered area hah. But I guess this is the risk we have for organising an open event. And like any other music festivals there seems to be a bit of a difficulty in soundproofing. In some set times, I could hear the performance of the other band on the other stage. But once again, we can't really avoid this.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next Joyland Fest! 

No comments: