Tuesday 17 November 2009

Special edition 300th post!

Happy 300th post my dear blog! Haha, alright. So this blog is getting old. Good I guess.

Alright since it's the 300th post in my blog, it needs special post too right? So I'm going to pose a reflection that I have in my four years of secondary school life. Since It's over...

I entered TSS in 2006 and went into the class of 1E4. Honestly, I wasn't really pleased to enter the class. It's like 4? It's the last class? Great. But no. I realised you don't compare a class based on how clever the people inside are. You compare on how "class" is the class. A class is where a group of students study as a class. And no matter how clever these people are, a class is still a class.

No, I have no regrets joining 1E4 at all.


2E4'07 Chalet

Then I move to 2E4. This time round, everyone has grown up. We're no longer the small and tiny kids we used to be when we wee in Sec one. We were more matured, more open and more understanding. We became more united. Who we don't know become who we know. Who we forget become who we remembered. It's great! I love 2E4. And being the class chairman with Josh, Adeline, Amanda, and more is a pleasure as well.

I never regret being in 1E4/2E4. At all.


3E1'08 @ Bethany Methodist House

Then in 2008, we all went through streaming. So we were all separated. I went to 3E1, with Adeline, Jeslyn, Neal and Chong Tuck. Well it's nice there, it is my dream to enter 3E1 because I want to take triple science. I'm always amazed by science, some of you might know this. Well in the first place, yeah I feel that oh this is the "smartest" class. So it won't be fun, people here have no life, bla bla bla. No, again I'm wrong. We might be students who wish to excel, thus the hard work. But no, we are also the people who want to have fun. Yup, have fun.

And again, I have no regrets joining 3E1


3E1'08 Mr Goh Farewell Party

Despite of all the hardwork I have endured, I finally made it to 4E1, topping the 4th place in the Cohort. I was very happy and surprised. I didn't know that I could make it this far you know, I'm serious. Life in 4E1 may be tougher. I mean obviously, duh, haha. Firstly I feel we somehow become more "competitive". Yes, everyone wants to do well, who doesn't right? I never know that life could be this tough. But I endure and endure. And well, finally I've decided not to compete. I just want to learn and grow. That's it.

I come to school not to compete, but to learn and study.


4E1 Class Photo!

In 4E1, life become harder. Firstly, my mid year result was what not I expected. I plunged into dark depths and simply felt like giving up. But I push harder and harder, I knew I don't want to do this horrible during the O Levels right? Prelim was alright. My result went up by a tiny weeny bit but prelim also served me as a reminder. It's not the end.

French Leave.


The picture I took during French Leave

French Leave was a 2-week leave that I had to prepare. I drilled REALLY hard during these 2 weeks. So far it was the hardest two weeks I have endured. Imagine this, every day I would study non stop. I gave up my computer and I simply did practices everyday. Bio, Phy, EM, AM, Chem, EL, everything. I felt like throwing up seriously. It's like "I have no life" situation. All I did was to study and to study and to study. I know and I really want to do well. Well, always taste the bitterness and then enjoy the sweetness later.

O Levels.


My O Levels Timetable. See how I can't wait to stroke off those papers?

O Levels. The most important examination I have so far. It determines my destiny and future. Where I'll be going and what I'll be doing. The three weeks that I had was somewhat okay. Yeah it can be really stressful especially after every paper that we had. My pimples were bursting on my face. It was horrible. But well, time flows REALLY quickly and the three weeks that I had seemed like three days. It was amazing.

Graduation Ceremony.


4E1'09 @ Graduation Ceremony

This ceremony marks the end of my secondary school life ~formally~. After the ceremony, I'm no longer a Tanglinian. I'm a graduate of TSS. It was a very touching and emotional moment for me. It tells me my journey, my adventure, and my chapter in the past fours years that I had. It was really sad to leave my school, my teachers and most importantly, my friends. For four years, for 1411 days, I have been in the school. And now I'm leaving? Isn't it seem to quickly?

Prom night.

This woould be the last gathering that I had with my friends. It's a way of how we end out chapter with a bang, and with a gush of emotions and tears. Prom was amazing. The food, the entertainment, the singing that I did and most importantly, the company. Yes, the company I had with my friends were unforgettable. It kind of feels that we deserve to have prom. It was the last gathering that we, the students and teachers had. It was so touching to read my tribute to the class with Annabel. And even Mrs Lee cried. It was really sad.

The end?

Well yeah, it's over now. My four years of secondary school life. My 1414 days of joy, sorrow and happiness that I've shared. My four years of hardship. My 1414 days of beautiful friendship that I have shared with my people. It was amazing. This, I would say, would be the BEST fours years of my life so far. The memories, the tears, the happiness and the joy that we had shall always remain in our hearts. I would never forget this memory. It's just too good and too wasteful to forget.

To all my friends, I wish you good luck in wherever you are heading towards to. May my blessing be with you. And never forget the moments we have shared together. Be it good or bad, be it happy or sad, memories will always remain as memories. So keep it right and tight in your heart and never forget. I will never forget you guys too. The memories I have shall remaind forever. Till I leave this world.

To all my teachers, thank you very much. The scoldings, the homework and the tests will always remain in my heart (well I'll forget some homework lol). But it was really a good experience being taught in Tanglin.

Last but not least, I, will never regret entering Tanglin. It might not be the best, but it is the best experience that I had. In my life.


And the legacy will live on...

No comments: