Sunday 17 February 2013

 GT Dinner on Friday
One of the groups of people I will miss the most

The title simply means empty. Well that's what I'm feeling now I suppose. Sorry for not writing for a long time, cause I went back for CNY and so on! And also I spent the weekend with my sis and cousins so yeah, having good time! Now that I'm (almost) done with poly, cause I've yet to start my report argh! Which is due in like 5 days time. So yeah. But It shall be done don't worry, and I'm still thinking of ways to make it interesting.

You know the funny thing is... After Friday, everyone's supposedly looking forward to the end of school life. Well perhaps because they have exams and they can't wait to end it. And as for me, I don't have them so... It feels weird to end school so abruptly. It feels like my poly life ends like a fire on a candle, blown away swiftly. Phew! And that's it.

And after Friday I think and think again. Do I feel happy that poly has come to an end? Do I feel joyful, celebration-feeling and so on? Answer is, no.

In fact I feel empty. A state of feeling where I don't feel anything. Neither sad nor happy. Although for the past few days I've been recollecting memories and so on. I've been reflecting, and just bringing back memories of these three wonderful years. It's bittersweet really, thinking of all these memories and events that's been happening.

Part of me wishes to leave. Get it all over and done with. And part of me wishes to stay a wee bit longer to gather as much time as I have to enjoy my time here. But well time is time, contemplating impermanence as usual, I know in one way or another I'll be on my way home soon. There is no denying that. But of course, I'll come back once again.

Sigh, can't believe 11 years just went by like that. Eleven long years I've built so many things here. And then just like that, I have to part with this sunny beautiful island that I have to call, my second home. Because I grew up here, and I have built many things with the people of this island. Be it people I know or people I don't. People I'm close with or strangers.

But through these connections that I'm glad to be the person who I am now. I am glad for all of these. But to just part ways just seems a bit tough. But I will do it.

Okay gonna get busy with lotsa things. Must plan to make the best out of it.

No comments: