Wednesday 20 February 2013

For the last time(s)

 And so this is my sunset in SP

Well I supposed I'm not too late to write about this and say about this and talk about this. But like about hmm 21 hours ago (yes today 3:30 AM) I just finished my last assignment in poly. And at about 7:30 PM today I submitted it to Dr Tan! Yay, so this would mean that I have (unofficially) graduated from SP! Since I have no more assignments, projects or exams (oops).

It was rather a sad, proud and happy moment at 3:30 AM today. As I finished my assignment, I ended off my document with these words as usual:

Done by:
Adhianto Suherli Lie
P1000829
DBS 3B/05

For three years I've been writing this for the seemingly countless assignments I (or we) have done. And I've been in 2 different classes, and also different class series over the three years. And today, seems like I have just written this for the last time in an assignment. Whew, three years of hardwork seems to just blissfully melt through my body.

Memories of these three years once again play back in my mind. It seems pretty much surreal to me that my poly education has come to an end. And I truly didn't regret this path. Though truth be told, I'm not going to pursue any more education on this field, and neither will I pursue a career on this field. Well I do, but it's a bit of a stray-away from it. Which is okay.

I still have dreams that I will fulfill. Goals I will reach. And hopes which I will turn to realities. 

As for those of you who haven't know yet. I have decided to go back to Indonesia after poly and help out my parents. Then after that I will decide where to go next, what to do next. I suppose, they have been supporting me for the past 11 years, and now it's my turn to support them for the next n-years to come. I'm sure you've heard the quote that goes:

"We're so busy growing up, that we often forgets our parents are growing old"

I guess that quote pretty much sums up why I made this decision :)
Though part of me wishes not to leave. I know eventually that I'll have to return back. And I suppose, life tells me that the time is now. So people, do keep in contact okay. I'll have a proper time to write properly about this and let my feelings out. But well I suppose the time is not now. So just stay in tune and you'll have a read!

Okay that's all for today. See you!

No comments: