Saturday 2 March 2013

Thank you, my dearest piano

 Cherish

So well I realised once again that I haven't been writing here for quite a long time. Well to be honest I've been feeling... As my 2nd previous post says, empty. Don't wanna do anything at night and so on and forth. And also the past week was such a blast that I didn't really write much heh. Besides, I'm busy with quite a lot of things. So these should explain I suppose.

But anyway, today was probably one of the saddest day in my life. And last night too.

Well so today I delivered my piano (or electrical piano) to Jesslyn. Yes to those of you who wonder who am I giving it to, it's to Jesslyn. It's been done now so my room feels really empty. And to be in an empty room without my piano by my side just feels so bizarre and weird. But nevertheless, it's gone now, and I am cherishing it more than ever.

I still remember back in 2007 when my sis and I went to Yamaha to get it. After looking around we finally decided to get the P-70 cause it was one of the cheaper ones. I was there waiting for it to be delivered to the house and since then, I've been playing it, enjoying my time.

Then of course come the realisation by which I know I have to one day leave. And so I'm left with two choices. To sell/donate it, or to give it to someone. Selling it was the last thing on my mind and I was trying hard to find someone who would accept it. I can't bear to sell it. To sell something I've treasured for the past 6 years. It's like selling a friend away, no one wants to do that right? I would rather give it to someone who will treat it well and let my heart be at peace.

But well,

The piano is really a non-living thing that is really as living and as good a friend can be. When I'm sad he cheers me up, when I'm angry he calms me down. When I have problems I share it with him. Although he doesn't give me the solution, at least he has a pair of good "listening ears" that keeps me company. He's there, when no one is not.

With the position of my piano right in front of my window, I truly will cherish the moments we had. How I love playing in front of the blue sky, cause it makes me feel like I can do anything. We play songs, play covers, write songs and sing together. Many moments we had together which makes my life here so much better, and much more colourful.

So last night I was feeling so horrible. I was playing my piano for quite some time to enjoy our last moments together, you can put it that way. But after playing a song, which was "The Name of Life" by Joe Hisaishi, from Spirited Away OST, I cried. Like I cried so bad in front of the piano. I didn't know it was so tough and bad but well, it actually felt good crying.

But as I always believe in the contemplation of impermanence, all good things come to an end.

So I just want to thank you, my dearest piano, for being everything in many ways.

For being a great friend, a good listening ear, a wonderful teacher. Thank you for your time, lessons and accompany for the past 6 years. You have definitely strengthen my love for the piano and also for music. May you bring joy to your new owner, as much as you did to me for the past 6 years. It's been a great time knowing you, and now till we meet again.

Thank you

2 comments:

purpleskies said...

hope ur having a blast on your holiday! dont be sad, when you're home maybe you should upload more piano vids on youtube :D

Adhi said...

Aww okay okay! Yeah I hope so too hehe